Leidos is hiring a Subject Matter Expert (SME) Software Developer on the ESA V program. ESA V is an IT applications and infrastructure services program supporting several customers within the Department of Justice (DOJ), including the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF). The program provides a range of IT services, including software application support, enterprise infrastructure support, service desk, ITSM, desk side support, workstation engineering and maintenance, telecommunications and mobility engineering services, managed print services, Active Directory services, and video conferencing.
This new position is dedicated to a new development effort for the ATF with the goal of building a Firearms Tracing Web Service (TWS) component/API that will allow law enforcement agencies to exchange firearm trace related data more accurately and efficiently with ATF in a real-time automated manner. This new capability will leverage existing legacy capabilities and in-progress functionality being developed as part of the migration of legacy capability from an on-premise environment to the Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud environment. The legacy ATF system which currently provides related capabilities is eTrace, which is an Internet-based firearm trace request submission system that provides for the electronic exchange of firearm tracing data in a secure internet-based environment.
This position is virtual and requires working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. The ideal candidate will be personable and articulate, and will focus on making sure that the project needs are met quickly and effectively. He or she will be a self-starter who can work with limited supervision. Excellent communication skills are required to effectively interface with customers and team members to understand requirements, issues and mission needs, and then to be able to translate them into actions.
- Develop Tracing Web Service APIs using Agile software development techniques
- Consult with the business process owners, customers, users and constituents to develop and analyze customer requirements
- Collaborate with the System Architect to perform software architecture and design which meets customer requirements
- Develop and implement highly complex software design solutions that are highly innovative, and achieved through research and integration of best practices
- Solve and resolve complex software issues
- Collaborate with members of project teams to ensure successful, technically sound projects which are completed on time and on budget
- Perform software testing
- Create documentation
- Mentor and assist more junior team members in the performance of their tasks
- Bachelor’s degree with 12+ years of prior relevant experience; or a Master’s degree with 10+ years of prior relevant experience. Additional years of experience and/or relevant certifications will be considered in lieu of degree.
- Agile Software Development Experience
- Java Software Development experience with JDK 1.7 / 1.8 or higher
- Software Development Experience with HTML & CSS
- Experience with Java Enterprise Edition J2EE Software Development
- Experience with Web Services & Frameworks including REST and SOAP
- Experience with DB Query Languages including Oracle PL/SQL and Microsoft T/SQL
- Experience with Oracle Containers for Java (OC4J) Middleware
- Experience with JBoss Enterprise Application Platform (EAP) Middleware
- Experience with Apache Web Server
- RedHat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) Experience
- Experience with API Testing tools including SoapUI, Postman and JMeter
- Experience establishing goals and meeting project plan objectives
- Excellent communication skills
- Customer interface experience
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Must be a US Citizen
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust security clearance.
- Candidate selected will be subject to a Government Public Trust security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to the customer’s information.
- Current clearance is not required, and selected individual can start the assignment prior to the required security clearance being granted by the customer.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) Technologies
- Experience with Build tools such as Ant, Maven and Gradle
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes and OpenShift
- Experience with software development tools such as GitLab, Jenkins, Nexus Repository and CloudFormation
- Experience with software scanning tools such as SonarQube and Tenable, and experience fixing Security Scan findings
- Experience with Integrated Development Environments (IDEs) such as Eclipse, JDeveloper and VS
- Experience with Relational Database Microsoft SQL Server or higher
- Experience with Application Server operations, including WLST and JBoss
- Government contracting experience, particularly with the DOJ
- DOJ Clearance
Pay Range:Pay Range $110,500.00 - $170,000.00 - $229,500.00
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.