Leidos is looking for an Information System Security Manger (ISSM) to support a large opportunity for Leidos supporting operations for Integrated Information & Cyber Security Services including Enterprise Operations, End User Support, Software Engineering, Cloud technologies and Cyber Security. The ISSM is the primary Information Assurance (IA) decision maker and responsible for the management and technical administration of the Information System (IS) in accordance with internal and external security requirements. The ISSM will oversee day-to-day information system security operations, resolve complex problems, and develop innovative solution to meet changing security requirements. The ISSM will serve as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) within the Information Assurance technical domain. Ability to work independently as well as with a team of analysts trained in operations research, mathematics, and other skills. The ideal candidate will be adaptable to diverse office situations, procedures and demands.
Responsible for the following tasks:
• Continuous upkeep, monitoring, analysis, and response to Information System, network and security events.
• Documents compliance activities in accordance with the governing authority approved authorization package.
• Develop procedures and documentation to ensure compliance with Configuration Management (CM) for security relevant IS software, hardware, and firmware.
• Ensures systems are operated, maintained, and disposed of in accordance the governing authority approved authorization package and customer directives.
• Ensures records are maintained for workstations, servers, software, routers, firewalls, network switches, and other relevant hardware/equipment throughout the information system's life cycle.
• Evaluates proposed changes or additions to the information system and advises senior site leadership of the security relevance.
• Lead / conduct security IS education and training.
• Mentor other engineers in the art of cybersecurity and secure software development practices
• Participates in internal/external security audits/inspections; performs risk assessments and Continuous Monitoring.
• Lead investigations of computer security violations and incidents, reporting as necessary to both the Facility Security and Senior Program Managers.
• Ensure proper protection and / or corrective measures have been taken when an incident or vulnerability has been discovered
• Working with the Facility Security Officer (FSO) develop, implements and manage a formal Information Security / Information Systems Security Program.
• Develop, implement and enforce Information Security Policies and Procedures.
• Author, review and update IS Authorization documentation (Body of Evidence) to support IS Assessment and Authorization activities
• Active TOP SECRET SCI clearance and/or U.S. Department of Energy Q clearance
• U. S. Citizen
• Bachelor's degree and 8 – 12 years related experience in Information Systems, Computer Science or related field or a Masters with 6 – 10 years of related experience. Additional relevant experience, training, and / or certification may be considered in lieu of degree.
• Detailed understanding of the Risk Management Framework (RMF), NIST, ICD, and CNSS standards.
• Familiarity with network technologies (LAN & WAN) and best practices within a classified environment to include crypto and key management
• Working knowledge with Microsoft Windows operating systems (workstation & server), Linux, and system virtualization (multiple hypervisors) in a secure network environment.
• Experience with compliance scanning tools (e.g., SCAP) and vulnerability scanning tools (e.g., ACAS)
• Hands on experience with DISA Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) implementation and management
• Must be able to work in a constantly changing regulatory environment with short, mid and long term timelines for remediating any non-compliance
• Must be able to work well within a team environment and able to adapt quickly to change
• Good writing and verbal presentation skills
• Staff shall meet DoD 8570 SD 205.1
• IAM Level III
• Past or current ISSM/ISSO experience
• DoD IS knowledge and experience
• Detailed understanding of Risk Management Framework (RMF)
• Security hardening scripting/automation experience
• Microsoft OS Certification (MCSE Win 7 or other)
• Linux certification (RHCSA, CompTIA Linux, LCFS/LCFE, etc.)
• Understanding of Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility (SCIF) standards
• Strong knowledge of secure coding practices and vulnerability/quality scanning tools (e.g., Fortify, SonarQube)
• Knowledge of agile development processes and DevOps tools such as Jira, Bitbucket, Confluence
• Experience developing and delivering modern software, including microservices, containers, and hybrid cloud architectures
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.