The Leidos National Airspace System (NAS) Implementation Support Contract (NISC), supporting the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Spectrum Engineering Office located at FAA Headquarters, Washington, DC, currently has an opening for a Deputy Task Order Manager (DTOM). This role is an exciting opportunity to use your experience to support the FAA Spectrum Engineering mission to provide every pilot and air traffic controller with interference-free communications, navigation, and surveillance services. This position will support the FAA Spectrum Engineering staff and provide leadership and management support for the Business Operations team.
- Personnel-related actions, including hiring, onboarding, performance assessments/reviews, promotions, timecards, training
- Providing the senior Spectrum Engineering TOM with support for various management tasks
- Financial tracking, invoice review, and charge approvals (labor, travel, and other direct charges)
- Subcontracts and subcontract staff administration
- Processing and tracking travel authorizations
- Development, implementation, and maintenance of a Spectrum Records Management System
- Development and preparation of high-level presentations for FAA senior managers
- Providing technical writing assistance to organize and translate complex data into clear and usable issue papers, reports, articles, briefings, job aids, and guidance documents for diverse target audiences
- Ensuring the completion of products and deliverables on time and within budget
The ideal resource will be a detail-oriented, self-starter who enjoys working with teams.
The Deputy TOM reports directly to the Task Order Manager and will assist in managing and scheduling various programs/projects. Assist with administering task orders issued by FAA customers. Ensure the work requested under the task order is performed correctly concerning cost and schedule. This support includes establishing task budgets, performing invoice analysis, establishing estimates to complete, and evaluating subcontractor invoices. Also, tracking deliverables, purchases, and services/products ensuring customer requirements are met and continually assessing performance. In addition to supporting the Task Order Manager with administering the task orders, the Deputy will assist with establishing goals and objectives for the successful completion of work within budget and schedule constraints and guide subordinates. They will develop policies and procedures and ensure their implementation. Provide guidance and oversight to subcontractor staff. Further, the position requires frequent interface with FAA customer personnel, other contractor personnel, FAA Engineering Technical Officer (ETO/COR), and other FAA customer representatives.
The successful candidate will be a proven, versatile, and results-driven leader that motivates multi-disciplined technical teams. Teams consist of electrical, electronic, spectrum and telecommunication Engineers, computer programmers, and program analysts. DTOM assists the TOM with coordinating subordinate employee recruitment, selection and training, performance assessment, work assignments, salary, and personnel development. The DTOM assists the TOM with preparing task order proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, operating budgets, and Estimates at Completion (EAC) of the various task orders. This position requires strong business acumen with a thorough understanding of the customer mission, the customer organization and customer relations, and the ability to adapt to changing customer needs and requirements.
- A bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business Administration, with a minimum of 5+ years of prior relevant experience or a master’s degree with 3 years of prior relevant experience or equivalent
- An additional 2 years of experience leading teams or projects
- Advanced-level expertise with data analysis and reporting utilizing Microsoft (MS) Excel
- Intermediate-level knowledge of SharePoint sites and the ability to manage and maintain information
- Experience conducting research, evaluations, studies, and presenting recommendations/solutions related to short- and long-term program planning requirements
- Experience leading team meetings, providing monthly status reporting, and participating in national and regional teleconferences
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- The ability to craft well-written, organized documentation consistent with acceptable standards of writing
- A public trust background investigation to determine the candidate’s suitability and the ability to obtain a SECRET clearance within one year
- The ability to travel up to 10% of the time
- Prior FAA experience desired
- Project Manage Professional (PMP) Certification.
- Over five (5) years of direct experience managing multi-disciplinary teams, government contract finance, and producing briefing for executive management.
- Basic understanding of U.S. National Airspace System (NAS) operations
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.