As the trusted IT and network provider for more than 3 million government users, Leidos brings the domain experience and mission understanding to transform complex systems into modernized networks. We leverage innovations in technology and the creativity of our people to bring outstanding value to our customers. Leidos is the largest systems integrator and provider of IT services to the U.S. government, serving customers across all sectors. We bring decades of experience leading large-scale, secure government networks and mission-critical programs to bear. With recent new program wins for mission critical networks, our footprint in this market is growing, and so are opportunities to join our team.
We have an IMMEDIATE NEED for a Splunk Subject Matter Expert
Splunk Subject Matter Expert responsibilities:
• Work on emerging high profile projects and will be considered a subject matter expert and is responsible for meeting the business and technical requirements for the organizations overall objectives.
• Interpret customer requirements and develops internal requirements and design solutions. Identify solutions based on alternative analysis, providing detailed assessments against requirements (technical, cost, business, security, schedule) as well as establishing baselines.
• Need to have the ability to define clearly both risks and benefits of various approaches for a given need. Is able to create overarching strategies for design as it relates to monitoring the application, infrastructure, interfaces and critical business transactions to provide a comprehensive set of service level metrics and key performance indicators.
• Be responsible for designing & setting up the ingestion of various customer data flows to include pre-processing data into a useable format.
• Be responsible for designing & integrating Splunk with a wide variety of data sources and developing associated knowledge objects such as dashboards, reports, alerts for Network Monitoring and Analytics
• Perform data transformation using Splunk Query Language
• Need to demonstrate a proven history of using SPLUNK to analyze and present telecommunications systems & network information.
• Support system integration, test, acceptance and operations/maintenance during all phases of a program.
• Conducts or participates system requirements reviews, design reviews, preliminary and critical design reviews with concurrent engineering teams and contractors to monitor and measure the progress of a network or system being designed.
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical field, preferably Computer Science and 12 or more years of programming experience with modern software environments (including REST API’s), or a Master’s degree with 10+ years of relevant experience
• 4 additional yearsof programming experience for a total of 16 years experience will be considered in lieu of a degree on a case by case basis
• Must have in-depth experience and knowledge in Splunk Enterprise, Splunk ES and Splunk ITSI.
• Experience deploying Splunk to fulfill Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) functions in an enterprise network environment.
• Must have experience with processing and metrics tools used by the customer.
• Must have worked with Splunk in a modern telecommunications systems and networks.
• Must have experience designing and implementing medium to large Splunk instances
• Must have experience with implementing Splunk within cloud environments
• Must have experience writing Splunk Technical Add-ons
• Must have experience with relational databases
• Must have excellent communication and proven writing skills to work with all levels of customer and internal organizations
• Working knowledge of telecommunications and networks as applied to systems engineering
• Must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
• Experience with using Splunk IT Service Intelligence to perform periodic analysis of indexed data
• Experience with transforming ingested data in Splunk to be Common Information Model (CIM) compliant
• Experience with bi-directionally integrating Splunk with a 3rd party ticketing system, such as ServiceNow
• Familiarity with configuring load-balancing on Splunk data forwarders
• Experience with configuring high availability and distributed Splunk indexer clusters
• Familiarity with configuring user access control groups on Splunk search heads in a distributed environment
• Splunk Certified Architect
• Security+ or CISSP certification
• Experience with JAVA & NIFI to include the ability to write NIFI processors in JAVA is highly desired.
• Experience with tools such as Yellowstone, Splitglass, Blueivy, Tumms, Watchzone
• Additional experience with modern telecommunications systems and networks.
• Proven experience developing prototype visualization tools to include requirements definition and execution.
• Experience with IBM Doors and Cameo Systems Modeler
• Familiarity with SysML and System Engineering modeling and design approach
• Familiarity with the Atlassian Tool Suite and JIRA
• Familiarity with the National Air Space and FAA NextGen Air Traffic control programs
• Working knowledge of the FAA and their engineering practices
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.