Looking for an opportunity to make an impact? Leidos has an opening for a Desktop Engineering Lead to support the ESA V program. ESA V is an IT Services program supporting several customers within the Department of Justice. The program provides a range of IT services, including help desk, deskside support, Windows engineering and maintenance, managed print services, ITSM, Account Management Services, Cybersecurity, Cloud technologies and other IT services.
The selected candidate will lead the team in developing and delivering workstation support and solutions for a mission-critical U.S. Government program that has a rapidly growing demand for information to be securely accessible anywhere, anytime, from any device.
The individual selected for this position will be the lead for the ESA V Desktop Engineering team and the primary work location will be Washington, DC with work performed remote. This individual will work with client stakeholders to improve the capability and capacity of the workstation management service to reliably meet the needs of a mobile, geo-dispersed workforce. The successful candidate will have extensive hands-on experience with Windows 10 as well as Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) and group policy. The candidate must also have practical experience leading medium sized, diverse teams and hands on experience with workstation software, application packaging, government security standards, and workstation security hardening is required.
Candidate selected will be subject to a Government Public Trust security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to the customer’s information. Current clearance is not required, but selected individual cannot start the assignment until the required security clearance is granted by the customer. This process is currently taking 12+ weeks (quicker for candidates who have current clearance).
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
You will work closely with the Chief Engineer and End User Engineering Manager and will lead the Desktop Engineering team on the following key tasks:
- Provide day-to-day leadership and guidance to the desktop engineering teams across the ESA V program, currently consisting of 12 team members.
- Provide Tier 4 desktop engineering support.
- Complete incident tickets and service requests within SLA and in a modern tracking system
- Work closely with the End User Engineering Manager to determine the strategy and execution of the desktop engineering team.
- Work with security, infrastructure, networking, and applications engineering teams to implement and maintain an workstation security strategy
- Attend meeting with the customer as the primary conduit to the desktop engineering team.
- Provide written instructions for both workstation and application usage
- Provide weekly reporting of issues and projects
- Be able to troubleshoot and support Windows 10 workstations and software.
- Identify and evaluate costs, benefits, and risks of expanding and enhancing desktop engineering services
- Oversee and participate in building, installing, configuring, and troubleshooting Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager and other workstation management tools and workstation applications.
- Apply STIGS and VPR’s as identified
- Provide white glove support to executive level customers
- Ability and willingness to work extended hours or modified schedule for planned and emergency work.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Systems Engineering, or related technical field with at least 8+ years relevant experience. High school diploma with additional years experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- 5+ years’ experience providing Tier II, III & IV support
- Ability to work well with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience
- Ability to express complex technical concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to lead a large diverse team supporting multiple customers in a shared team environment.
- Experience in the design and administration of System Center Configuration Manager as well as end user workstation environments.
- Extensive knowledge of Active Directory Group policy as applied to workstations
- In-depth knowledge of end user workstations and technology to support end user workstations
- Experience with PIV and CAC authentication
- Provide support on a M-F business hours schedule in the eastern time zone
- Extended hour and weekend support as required by mission or emergencies.
- Excellent communication skills are required to effectively interface with executive level to individual contributors.
- Ability to lead support issues to a successful conclusion while updating management and senior leadership.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance.
- Candidate selected will be subject to a Government Public Trust security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to the customer’s information.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- 7 years of experience with workstation systems management systems (i.e. SCCM, Symantec Endpoint Manager, Intune, etc…) administration support
- 8 years of experience in an operations role
- Experience with both on premise and SaaS deployments systems
- Government contracting experience, particularly with the DOJ
- DOJ or DOD Clearance
- ITSM knowledge and experience, particularly with ServiceNow
- MCSE: Mobility Certification
- Extensive knowledge of Windows 10 operating system
- Ability to create and speak to Microsoft PowerPoint presentations.
Pay Range:Pay Range $78,000.00 - $120,000.00 - $162,000.00
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.