As the trusted IT and network provider for more than 3 million government users, Leidos brings the domain experience and mission understanding to transform complex systems into modernized networks. We leverage innovations in technology and the creativity of our people to bring outstanding value to our customers. Leidos is the largest systems integrator and provider of IT services to the U.S. government, serving customers across all sectors. We bring decades of experience leading large-scale, secure government networks and mission-critical programs to bear. With recent new program wins for mission critical networks, our footprint in this market is growing, and so are opportunities to join our team.
We have an IMMEDIATE NEED for an Enterprise Network Architect (ENA).
The Enterprise Network Architect (ENA) has primary and interdisciplinary skills to cost effectively architect and transition large scale IP and TDM communication services for an enterprise. The ENA plans, designs and supports a very high availability mission and administrative enterprise network with delineated service levels for performance, reliability, maintainability and availability.
The ENA must demonstrate in-depth experience and considered an expert in a variety of network technologies to include but limited to the following:
• Layer 2 and Layer3 development of large scale IPv4 and IPv6 networks,
• Inclusive of BGP Routing and Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS)
• Software Defined Networking (SDN), including SD-WAN implementations
• LTE/5G wireless technologies.
• Satellite and Microwave based communication
• Secure Transport via VPN/IPSec with IDS/IPS integration
• Enterprise Network Functions such as DNS, DHCP, NTP and PTP
• Integration of enterprise network with Cloud Services (AWS, Azure, etc.)
• Legacy TDM communication (serial, T1/E1, analog voice)
• Associated TDM to IP solutions (such as Circuit emulation via Circuit to Packet Devices)
Enterprise Network Architect (ENA) Responsibilities:
• Work on emerging high profile projects and will be considered a subject matter expert and is responsible for meeting the business and technical requirements for the organizations overall objectives.
• Interprets customer requirements and develops internal requirements and design solutions for optimal enterprise communication services.
• Identifies solutions based on alternative analysis, providing detailed assessments against requirements (technical, cost, business, security, schedule), establishing baseline for the enterprise network.
•Assess customer objectives, goals, intents, requirements, standards, etc. and re-craft these multifaceted constituents to re-state the problem and translate into enterprise objectives and requirements.
• Establishes and maintains the baseline for enterprise network design.
• Performs customer requirement interpretation, develops internal network requirements to support the design and delivery of enterprise communication services
• Establishes enterprise network architecture baselines and works with network system engineering to allocate requirements to all elements of the enterprise network.
• Defines the enterprise network backbone(s), local access, cloud and premise architecture and services to support the architecture (both commercial and/or developed).
• Defines the TDM transition to IP and related services.
• Develops trade-off alternatives evaluating make-buy feasibility by performing concept exploration using established trade-off techniques to identify the best solution inclusive of cost, schedule, function, performance, security, and risk using figures of merit.
• Develops realistic use cases and scenarios that the program will encounter and tests various solutions performing proof of concept demonstrations or experiments.
• Evaluates architecture solutions and creates models of the target architecture alternatives to study the positive/negative effects. Documents the design with multiple views for various usage levels (technical architectural level, business level, operational level, maintenance level, etc.)
• Develops the system, subsystem and hardware/software specifications inclusive of a concurrent engineering team.
• Verifies conformance of the design to specification requirements and the established baseline.
• Produces enterprise network engineering work products for the system under design to include: network communications hardware, software/platforms, systems, sparing plans, operational parameters, specifications, plans and reports.
• Develops enterprise network concept of operations for the range of required technologies identified above.
• Identifies and quantifies risks and develops mitigation strategies.
• Organizes and optimizes the integration of systems, businesses and people so that the interaction is highly efficient and operates as a whole.
• Designs and defines interfaces between subsystems and external entities minimizing the amount of information to be exchanged between the subsystems and external entities.
• Develops transition strategies, plans and processes for migration from a legacy WAN and for co-evolving components of systems and their integration.
• Establishes a failure reporting, analysis and corrective action plan in coordination with concurrent engineering disciplines.
• Works with software engineering to develop and interpret requirements in the context of components and systems.
• Establishes the enterprise network bills of material (BOM) baseline for software and hardware and defines the inventory management control system.
• Establishes reliability, maintainability and availability objectives and works with RMA engineering disciplines to define solutions to meet these objectives.
• Support system integration, test, acceptance and operations/maintenance during all phases of a program.
• Co-Chairs the Architecture Review board.
• Conducts system requirements reviews, design reviews, preliminary and critical design reviews with concurrent engineering teams and contractors to monitor and measure the progress of a network or system being designed.
• Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
• Enhances enterprise network engineering team accomplishments and competence by planning delivery of architectural solutions; answering technical and procedural questions for less experienced team members; teaching improved processes; mentoring team members.
Requires a Bachelors with 12+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters degree with a minimum of 10+ years of specific experience as a WAN network architect
Experience with basic networking principles/setup
Working knowledge of telecommunications as applied to systems engineering
Expert working knowledge of Software Defined Networking (SDN), including SD-WAN implementations and LTE/5G wireless technologies
Proven portfolio of large complex programs that required WAN architecture/design and applied system life cycle processes
Familiarity with US Federal Government/DOD engineering practices including specifications and standards
Public Trust clearance or higher level clearance attained
Must have Excellent communication and proven writing skills (including proposal writing) to work with all levels of customer and internal organizations
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.