The Leidos Public Health Division currently has an opening for a Chief Engineer, contingent upon contract award, in support of a statistical and survey system platform for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
The Chief Engineer is responsible for the architectural design, development, and deployment of the portfolio overall systems. Defines system solutions based on user/client needs, cost, and required integration with existing applications, systems, or platforms. Researches, identifies, selects, and tests technology products required for solution delivery. Develops policies for standardizing systems and development tools. Establishes, implements, and documents the technology integration or migration strategies. Works on advanced, complex technical projects or business issues requiring state of the art technical or industry knowledge. The position requires staying on top of the industry trend and new technologies for the system architecture. It requires balancing short term technical decision with long term technology roadmap.
Successfully candidate should possesses:
- Strong knowledge of software evaluation principles and practices.
- Good knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities
- Strong interpersonal and consultative skills.
- Experience with survey systems and survey systems integration
- Experience working in an agile and collaborative environment.
- Experience coaching & leading software development team
- Hands on coding experience
- BS degree in computer science, mathematics, statistics, or other similar disciplines with 12 -15 years of relevant professional experience
- Masters with 10 - 13 years of prior relevant professional experience
- Experience in database integration – SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL or other similar products
- Experience integrating and/or customizing survey and statistical systems such as SAS, SUDAAN, R or other comparable statistical programs
- Experience with survey systems integration and experience specifically with Voxco, Qualtrics, Unicom Intelligence, or Blaise
- Experience working with systems collecting and storing Personal Health Information and Personal Identifiable Information
- Experience developing data analytic & visualization solutions
- Knowledge of the Federal Governments SA&A (Security Assessment and Authorization) process
- SecDevOps experience
- Experience supporting CDC or other federal agencies
- Relevant certifications from AWS and/or Azure
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.