If you are a mortgage professional and enjoy working where you can make a difference helping homeowners, homebuyers and members of the lending industry while working from your home office, this may be the right opportunity for you.
Leidos is currently seeking customer service/contact center specialists to support the US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), Office of Single-Family Housing in their mission to create strong, sustainable, inclusive communities and quality affordable homes for all.
You will be able to expand your knowledge of Federal Housing Administration (FHA) mortgage policies and procedures while enjoying excellent benefits and a 40-hour work week. There may be opportunities to work overtime, on a volunteer basis if you’re interested.
Our Call Center is open from 8 am to 8 pm Eastern Time Monday through Friday. You must be available to work an 8 hour shift between these hours and be flexible with start and end times, to meet our customer’s needs.
Come join our rapidly growing team and enjoy these benefits:
- Paid Time Off (PTO) accrued based on Leidos policy, up to 3 weeks a year
- Ten paid holidays per year
- Access to benefits on day one including medical and dental insurance, 401K, Life, AD&D, Voluntary Disability plans
- Ongoing training to support your success
- Tuition reimbursement based on Leidos policy
- Discounted Leidos stock purchase and other Employee Discounts
This position is covered under the Service Contract Act and is subject to minimum wage requirements as well as the minimum Health and Welfare benefit. Leidos will ensure that all provisions are met through their wages and benefits.
The targeted rate for this position is $17 per hour but may be higher based on actual experience.
On the job, you will:
- Provide excellent customer service, responding to a variety of calls and emails from the lending industry and the public on FHA guidelines.
- Use a knowledge base and follow standard operating procedures (SOP) to respond to requests.
- Document your communications in our database.
- Keep up to date on FHA mortgage processes and procedures.
- High School diploma or General Educational Development (GED) certificate.
- Three (3) years of mortgage experience with a minimum of two (2) years of college OR 5 years of mortgage experience in lieu of college.
- At least one year of experience in loan origination (e.g., loan processor, junior underwriter, loan officer).
- Minimum of two (2) years of customer service, call center, or contact center experience.
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust Security clearance, which includes a credit check and background investigation.
- Ability to follow policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Ability to navigate a content management system, other applications, and related web sites.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent customer service, dependability, and time management skills.
- Keyboarding proficiency of at least 40 words per minute.
Other Preferred Quals
- Bilingual (Spanish/English), verbal and written.
Pay Range:Pay Range - -
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.