Looking for an opportunity to make an impact? Leidos is currently seeking a Security Architec/Engineer for the US Army Intelligence Community in Alexandria, VA.
The successful IA professional will be supporting Army Intelligence programs in the area of IA Engineering and RMF Accreditation. This IA professional individual should be comfortable working in a fast paced environment, highly self-motivated, and be able to work individually or with team members on various IA tasks across multiple integrated systems. The position will require access to the ACOP eMASS entry on SIPR and will support the ongoing SCA-V accreditation. The position supports the Army ACICA IA lead at INSCOM, Ft. Belvoir.
- Provide design, analysis, and engineering solutions for meeting applicable IA requirements and controls, and Defense-in-Depth protection throughout the life-cycle.
- Develop and maintain RMF Security Controls outlined in the ACOP Security Plan.
- Support continuous monitoring capabilities based on Army best practices.
- Perform IA testing utilizing approved DoD applicable security technical implementation guides (STIGS) and Checklists, NIST special publications, NSA Guides, and automated tools. These tools include but not limited to Nessus scanners, Security Readiness Review (SRR) scripts, and Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP) Compliance Checkers. Manual checklists include but not limited to Web, DBMS, VMware, , Application Development/Services, etc.
- Perform vulnerability assessments, and provide and support mitigation solutions of discovered applicable vulnerabilities.
- Document network security diagrams, data flows, and ports protocols and services (PPS)
- Develop required IA policies and standard operating procedures (SOPs) for implementing and configuring IA technical controls, including Identification and Authentication (I&A), Discretionary Access Controls (DAC), Auditing, Firewalls, Intrusion Detection/Prevention, Encryption, and continuous monitoring.
- Support IA within the configuration management (CM) process.
- Interface with developers, integrators, and technical personnel regarding IA controls and requirements
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline and 4+ years relevant experience conducting IA activities.
- Possess and maintain a DoD TS/SCI Clearance
- Hold a CompTIA Security+ Certified Professional Certificate
- Ability to think independently
- Ability to work well within a team environment
- Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC )
- CISSP preferred
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.