Leidos is looking for a Senior Program Manager to lead a large opportunity for Leidos supporting operations for Integrated Information & Cyber Security Services including Enterprise Operations, End User Support, Software Engineering, Cloud technologies and Cyber Security. The Sr. Program Manager is responsible for the cost, schedule, and technical performance and will serve as the single customer point-of-contact within the program office for management and technical matters and contract-level issues. He/she will provide the planning, direction, coordination, and control necessary to accomplish all operational requirements and manage and oversee all activities performed by the program team, including subcontractors, to satisfy the contract requirements.
• Lead a DC based Managed Service Delivery organization of up to 200 FTEs across diverse locations.
• Ensure a streamlined operation in alignment with the business objectives of the organization.
• Organize, plan, schedule, implement, control, analyze, and report on operational elements of the contract to meet customer requirements.
• Drive the development and implementation of innovation roadmap and strategy, with projected cost savings
• Plan/lead program reviews and briefings, both internal and with the customer.
• Proactively identify, analyze and mitigate risks and capture opportunities while driving change
• Coordinate with contracts, finance, human resources, and procurement management functions.
• Drive continuous service improvement and innovation.
• Create plans and processes required to meet all performance, schedule, quality, cost, and security requirements.
• Manage and integrate the efforts of subcontractors, assuring flow-down and fulfillment of all contractual requirements in alignment with defined priorities.
• Connect with related contracts to delivery effectively for the customer.
• Provide leadership, management and interpersonal communication skills necessary to inspire, lead, direct and manage a large-scale program team.
• Remain conversant with the industry’s computer security technology and practices.
• Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives.
• Lead staffing actions, including recruitment, supervision, development, evaluation and disciplinary actions.
• Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organization’s executives, department heads and end users regarding pertinent IT activities.
•25% travel both locally and nationwide
• Active TOP SECRET clearance and/or U.S. Department of Energy Q clearance
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE security clearance at a Q level
• Bachelor’s Degree in information Technology, Engineering or related field from an accredited college or university and 12+ years of direct work experience reflecting demonstrated ability is required or a Master’s Degree and 10+ years of direct related work experience.
• Experience leading large Enterprise IT or similar programs of $100M annually
• Experience in managing large scale enterprise operations including Service Desk, Cloud implementation, Cyber Security, data center, networks and SOC operations
• Ability to collaborate with senior level customers and technical staff in forming strategies to improve performance, reliability, and cost effectiveness
• Experience leading and supervising a multi-disciplinary staff (200 persons or more) of various labor categories and skills and a large group of subcontractors to deliver IT Services
• Experience working in a fast paced environment with competing priorities
. • Demonstrated written and oral communication skills, including experience in presenting material to senior Government officials and communicating and coordinating with other Government contractors and stakeholders.
• Active Project Management Institute (PMI) Program Management Professional (PMP) certification
• SIAM experience
• Experience within an Managed Services environment
• DOE site experience strongly preferred
• ITIL IV Certification
• Experience managing Agile software application development programs
• Experience managing IT DevSecOps projects
• Experience in both Classified and Unclassified operations
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.