- Perform technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems. Analyses are performed at all levels of total systems, to include concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance, and disposal.
- Ensure the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. Perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation, and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
- Review and recommend RSAF authorizations of systems engineering modifications. Progress approval of improvement initiatives through external design organizations and technical authorities.
- Provide advice and assistance to the RSAF Airworthiness Director on all generic avionic issues pertaining to the airworthiness for each aircraft platform in a timely and effective manner.
- Collate trend data and investigate aircraft systems related to problems affecting fleet performance and devise innovative solutions. Monitor test programs and evaluate test data to identify problems and/or to very performance.
- Where necessary, initiate and progress avionic component technical queries and defect and problem investigations, liaising with appropriate stakeholders to review resultant reports, expediting and consequential maintenance or modification action.
- Participate in accident investigations. Evaluate and provide recommendations on major defect and aircraft incident reports.
- Perform studies and participate in research, development, and implementation of programs to improve safety, reliability, and maintainability.
- Develop airworthiness testing procedures and documentation to verify performance to specification requirements. Participate in the acceptance test of aircraft and equipment.
- In conjunction with each section specialist, be able to assist the development and refinement of future support concepts and policies.
- Monitor and provide independent airworthiness assessment on Avionic In-Kingdom Industrial Participation (IKIP) activities.
- Support day to day activities in the preparation of RSAF correspondences both internal and external, as well as support RSAF officers in meetings and management reviews.
- BA/BS in Mechanical Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering, or similar, and minimum ten (10) years of experience in aircraft/aerospace avionics engineering including design, development, integration, and test of civil and/or military aircraft and equipment (additional directly relevant experience and certifications may be considered in lieu of degree).
- Previous work experience and training in Military Airworthiness Authority (MAA)
- Military Fast Jet background with practical, 1st Line Avionics experience at a senior level
- Comprehensive appreciation of military maintenance regulations relating to Fast Jet Avionics Systems
- Experience in military airworthiness regulations, policies, processes, procedures, and standards for military and/or civilian registered aircraft
- Experience in Air Force engineering management with a thorough knowledge of engineering authority processes, specifically the types of fighter, transport, rotary, and/or unmanned aircraft systems
- Knowledge of and experience in handling organization approval and development of related airworthiness regulations
- Experience and working knowledge of international regulations and policies for military aviation
- Ability to develop and integrate concepts that involve requirements, design, prototyping, production, testing, training and logistics support in all phases of weapon system life cycle, including all aspects of technical performance that involve trade-off of performance, life-cycle cost, risk, maintainability, supportability, testability and other engineering requirements in aircraft, electrical and avionic disciplines
- Design certification experience within an aerospace organization with technical involvement applicable in on or more of the following: research, design, development, production, testing, and performance of theoretical studies; analysis of airworthiness / system of safety design; and recommendations to expand performance and enhance design of applicable system(s)
- Formal training on airworthiness certification
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in project and stakeholder management
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills
- Team player attitude with strong leadership qualities and proven interpersonal skills
- Literate in MS Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Project, etc.)
- Chartered Engineer status
- Experience working on Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) and military fast jet platforms in a forward operational domain
- Experience in handling reverse engineering, weapons, and aerodynamics related to certification projects and development in airworthiness regulations
- Aircraft electrical/avionic background with practical, hands-on experience
- 2nd Line avionic experience within avionic industries
- Detailed knowledge of the Logistics Airworthiness Management (LAM) framework and all appropriate document sets
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.