Process and Improvement SME
Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainable. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business
Your greatest work is ahead!
We are in search of a Process and Improvement SME to join our GSM-O II contract, based at Fort Meade, MD. As a core team member, you will perform as a multi-function systems analyst and will be responsible for the quality of services delivered on the program. You will also ensure all performance standards, measures, and contract deliverables are in conformance with the contract and performance work statement (PWS), the Quality Assurance Surveillance Plan (QASP), Leidos’ Engineering Edge NextGen (EENG) standard methodologies, industry standards and best practices, and the GSMO II Quality Management Plan.
While this role is primarily remote, one must live within driving distance of Ft. Meade, MD to be considered.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
The Leidos Defense Group provides a diverse portfolio of systems, solutions, and services covering land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace for customers worldwide. Solutions for Defense include enterprise and mission IT, large-scale intelligence systems, command and control, geospatial and data analytics, cybersecurity, logistics, training, and intelligence analysis and operations support. Our team is solving the world’s toughest security challenges for customers with “can’t fail” missions. To explore and learn more, click here!
The GSM-O II Program includes the Operations, Sustainment, Maintenance, Repair, and Defense of the Defense Information System Network (DISN) within the DOD Information Network (DODIN) in support of the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA). It also includes support to other key tasks for DISA, including the transformation of DISA’s operational mission through innovation, and support to DISA’s mission partners.
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
- Maintaining adherence to the program Quality Management System.
- Ensuring compliance with the PWS, the QASP, EENG, ISO (namely 9001:2015), CMMI-SVC, and the GSMO QMP.
- Ensuring product development and services processes meet customer expectations.
- Partnering with internal and external customers in facilitating/leading lean six sigma structured improvement activities (SIAs). Collaborating with DISA and GSMO leadership to lead efforts that continually drive the enhancement of the workflows to which GSMO is a stakeholder.
- Working with Continuous Improvement to devise improvements to procedures and develop models of possible future configurations.
- Developing workflows, operating procedures and work instructions for enterprise-wide daily execution, automation and reporting that allows for proactive assessment of performance while maintaining acceptable quality levels.
- Proactively facilitating sessions / dialoguing with key stakeholders and conducting trend analysis on performance issues and evaluating predictive behaviors / outcomes.
- Interfacing with service delivery teams to refine performance measurements and leading working groups to establish mission-oriented measurements (e.g. KPIs).
- Conducting internal audits and reviews to ensure compliance.
- Documenting and working to resolve nonconformities and requirement escapes via root cause analysis and corrective/preventive action. Routinely report progress on resolution to management.
- Facilitating contributions to the Risk and Opportunity Register and Lessons Learned Register.
Required Experience, Skills, and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline with 8 years of related experience; or 6 years of professional experience with a related Master’s degree.
- DoD SECRET Clearance
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt certification
- Experience conducting Structured Improvement Activities (SIAs), managing performance metrics, and conducting quality audits
- Experience in ISO 9001:2015 and CMMI-SVC Industry Standards and Best Practices.
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Education:
- Familiarity with Government and DoD IT and security policies and requirements
- Current industry certifications in quality management and or service management such as ISO 9001-20000 and ITIL.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.