The Leidos Intelligence Group is seeking experienced and fully cleared Medical Instructors to support an exciting and rewarding opportunity for an Intelligence Community customer on a mid-sized occupational healthcare program. Personnel will work full time direct at client sites, primarily based in Chantilly, VA with occasional local travel to other buildings in the region. Top Secret SCI security clearance with polygraph is required – we are seeking both fully cleared candidates and candidates interested in obtaining or upgrading their security clearance.
The Medical Instructor’s primary responsibility is to teach a one-day Trauma Responder Workshop multiple times per week. This includes preparing for the Workshops, maintaining Workshop equipment and materials, conducting lecture and interactive skills stations/training scenarios, and post-Workshop activities.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Preparing materials and equipment for Trauma Responder Workshops,
- Delivering course content via lecture, interactive activities, skills stations, and training scenarios, tailored towards non-medical adult learners,
- Supervise skills stations and training scenarios, providing guidance and correction as needed,
- Maintaining Workshop materials and equipment,
- Conducting post-Workshop reviews and activities,
- Performing logistical and administrative duties in support of Workshops or other client classes/requirements, to include providing backup support to the Workshop Registrar as needed,
- Applying advanced medic skills to support training of personnel deploying to potentially austere environments,
- Supporting high-risk, high-stress training, staff sustainment training, and direct medical training with a focus on medical quality assurance,
- Educating and training non-medical personnel with a specific focus on primary care techniques,
- Maintaining current knowledge in the subject matter area and staying abreast of effective teaching and adult learning strategies,
- Developing solutions which may require analysis and understanding of possible solutions/scenairos,
- Working independently as needed to achieve day-to-day objectives,
- Coordinating with other team members and medical staff as needed,
- Providing surge supports to other areas of the program/department as needed, and
- Deploying for short duration TDYs as needed to deliver Workshops.
- Top Secret SCI security clearance with polygraph is required – we are seeking both fully cleared candidates and candidates interested in obtaining or upgrading their security clearance,
- National certification in respective field (NREMT-P, combat medic, or equivalent),
- At least four years of teaching experience,
- Ability to develop lesson plans and create course data as needed,
- Enthusiasm for teaching and the subject matter,
- Ability to deliver course content according to the established time allotments,
- Strong prehospital emergency medicine clinical skills (EKG, phlebotomy, triage, trauma assessments, etc.),
- Firm knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, and patient education,
- Experience in providing high-stress training to include various medical trainings,
- Excellent organizational and communication skills,
- Foundational understanding of and ability to apply best practices and broad understanding of other related specialty areas,
- Current CPR certification,
- Highly organized and detail oriented, and
- Ability to meet client’s deployment fitness for duty standards.
- BS and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree
- Tactical Combat Casualty Care (TCCC) certification
- Experience working in a war zone or austere environment
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.