If you are a mortgage professional and enjoy working where you can make a difference helping homeowners, homebuyers, and members of the lending industry, this may be the right opportunity for you.
Leidos is currently seeking Customer Service/Contact Center Specialists in Albuquerque, NM to support the US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), Office of Single-Family Housing in their mission to create strong, sustainable, inclusive communities and quality affordable homes for all.
You will be able to expand your knowledge of Federal Housing Administration (FHA) mortgage policies and procedures while enjoying excellent Leidos benefits and a flexible, part time schedule Monday through Friday. This could be a great opportunity for mortgage professionals who want to reduce their work hours as they transition into retirement or for those who want to spend more time with family or pursue an advanced education.
Come join our rapidly growing team and enjoy these benefits:
- The potential to Work at Home during COVID-19 and possibly beyond, based on your performance
- Paid Time Off (PTO) accrued based on Leidos policy
- Ten paid holidays per year
- Access to benefits on day one including medical and dental insurance, 401K, Life, AD&D, Voluntary Disability plans
- Ongoing training to support your success
- Discounted Leidos stock purchase and other Employee Discounts
This position is covered under the Service Contract Act and is subject to minimum wage requirements as well as the minimum Health and Welfare benefit. Leidos will ensure that all provisions are met through their wages and benefits.
On the job, you will:
- Provide excellent customer service, responding to a variety of calls and emails from the lending industry and the public on FHA guidelines.
- Use a knowledge base and follow standard operating procedures (SOP) to respond to requests.
- Document your communications in our database.
- Keep up to date on FHA mortgage processes and procedures.
- High School diploma or General Educational Development (GED) certificate.
- Three (3) years of mortgage experience with a minimum of two (2) years of college OR 5 years of mortgage experience in lieu of college.
- At least one year of experience in loan origination (e.g., loan processor, junior underwriter, loan officer).
- Minimum of two (2) years of customer service, call center, or contact center experience.
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust Security clearance, which includes a credit check and background investigation.
- Ability to follow policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Ability to navigate a content management system, other applications and related web sites.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent customer service, dependability and time management skills.
- Keyboarding proficiency of at least 40 words per minute.
Other Preferred Quals
- Bilingual (Spanish/English), verbal and written.
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.