Leidos’ Security Detection & Automation operation is seeking an Senior Engineering Project Manager in Tewksbury, MA to join our cross-functional engineering team using cutting edge technology to develop truly novel solutions that make travel and trade safer, healthier, and more efficient on a global level. This is a great opportunity for a Senior Engineering Project Manager with a background in product development and a passion for engineering to plan, conduct and manage engineering research, design and development projects involving hardware or software solutions in a diverse and collaborative R&D environment.
Key responsibilities will also include:
- High level of oversight for engineering research, design, development, and sustaining projects.
- Responsibility for project schedule and budget and drives cross functional technical team to achieve technical objectives.
- Work with teams on product development of RF systems, software, and network solutions.
- Lead through complete lifecycle phases including requirements, concept development, design reviews, V&V and release to production using established formal development process.
- Responsible to manage and publish technical design specifications including analysis and decomposition of customer, product lines, sales and key suppliers requirements into subsystem specifications.
- Define test strategy and V&V plan with traceability back to requirements to ensure compliance.
Required Education & Experience
- BS/BA in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or similar. MS is preferred.
- 8+ years of relevant experience, at least 5 being in engineering project management.
- Previous experience as a program manager involving in complex machinery and interconnected systems.
- Strong planning skills including defining requirements, time estimating, communicating progress to stakeholders at each phase of project, documentation, and testing.
- Broad Engineering background sufficient to analyze design data related to electrical, software, mechanical, and physical science disciplines. Position requires working with subject matter experts to make design trade-offs with respect to cost and performance.
- Proven experience with managing major suppliers and sub-contractors.
- Proven experience to estimate project budget and schedule required across engineering disciplines.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills are required for effective interface with all internal and external contacts.
- US Citizenship required
- PMP certification
- Solid (2-4 years) experience with the development of RF systems
- Hands-on design engineering experience with the development, and production of electronics equipment for use in medical devices, government security and/or military applications, or similar.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.