Leidos' Military & Veterans Health Solutions Group is currently seeking an experienced Cyber Security Operations Principal in support of the Department of Defense (DoD) Healthcare Management System Modernization (DHMSM) Program. Leidos is a Top 10 Health IT provider drawing on decades of success in delivering solutions to meet the healthcare challenges of today. Our unique position as a technology company with deep health and life sciences expertise equips us to transform patient care, as well as provider and payer operations in commercial and government health organizations.
The Cyber Security Operations Principal supports the DHMSM Cyber Security Lead in the support of key programs and efforts as needed to include Risk Management Framework (RMF), Interim Authorization to Test (IATT) and Authority to Operate (ATO) functions. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Support current and future programs with all Risk Management Framework (RMF), Interim Authorization to Test (IATT) , and Authority to Operate (ATO) functions
- Assist with the review of architecture and technical artifacts from a cybersecurity perspective, develop and implement Cyber security policies and procedures, and identify, document, and remediate cyber security gaps.
- Serve as the alternate Point of Contact (POC) for all RMF activities with responsibility for coordinating the RMF, and ensuring the inputs satisfy the assessment and authorization of the RMF requirements process that will lead to an IATT and a full ATO from the Authorizing Official assigned to the system
- Assist with the development of templates and recommendation of other tools to support risk management and ATO activities.
- Assist or lead reviewing authorizations, and providing pre-assessments as need to obtain or retain ATO
- Identify the requirements that are security critical and establish corresponding controls for these requirements
- Periodically test and evaluate the effectiveness of information security controls
- Track Plans of Actions and Milestones (POA&Ms) as required
- Support cybersecurity compliance assessment efforts
- Assist the Cybersecurity Lead in ensuring the project meets identified milestones
- Support the development of cyber strategy and associated documentation
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise for customer inquiries
- Provides technical advice/input that impact strategic client outputs and Leidos business results.
- Impacts functional strategy by developing new solutions, processes, standards or operational plans that position Leidos competitively in the marketplace.
- Serves as a technical lead on large, complex projects.
- Mentors and coach other technical staff.
- BS degree and 12+ years of prior relevant experience or Master’s with 10+ years of prior relevant experience (4 years of relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of degree).
- US Citizen with Active Secret Clearance or higher – required.
- Experience conducting network and network security assessments and documenting the results using NIST SP 800-53A, completing security plans and recommending Security Controls for Federal Information Systems
- Developing network and network security policies and system security documentation and procedures
- Prior experience with DOD Accreditation and tools such as ACAS, eMASS, CMRS and HBSS
- Knowledge of networks, cyber defense toolsets and processes. Strong understanding of related technologies and significant knowledge of particular networking technologies, operating systems, and security tools, tactics, techniques, and procedures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to effectively interact and work with internal team members, vendors and clients.
- Experience with DoD Information Assurance Vulnerability Management (IAVM) Program
- Proficiency in ACAS/NESSUS, SCAP, HBSS
- eMASS and Continuous Monitoring Risk Scoring System (CMRS) experience
- Scripting knowledge: PowerShell, Python, Shell Scripting
- DoD 8570 Certification
- Proficiency in ACAS/NESSUS, SCAP
- DHA MTF Exposure
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.