Cloud Migration Lead
Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainable. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business
Your greatest work is ahead!
We are in search of a Cloud Migration Lead to join our GSM-O Innovations Team As a core team member, you will be responsible for transitioning a set of existing tools that are hosted in a data center and transition them into the AWS cloud environment. You will also lead the planning and management of the system level requirements, integration, verification, and user acceptance testing to ensure the design, deployment, integration, and maintenance of tools.
While this role is primarily remote, one must live within driving distance of Ft. Meade, MD to be considered.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
The Leidos Defense Group provides a diverse portfolio of systems, solutions, and services covering land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace for customers worldwide. Solutions for Defense include enterprise and mission IT, large-scale intelligence systems, command and control, geospatial and data analytics, cybersecurity, logistics, training, and intelligence analysis and operations support. Our team is solving the world’s toughest security challenges for customers with “can’t fail” missions. To explore and learn more, click here!
The GSM-O II Program includes the Operations, Sustainment, Maintenance, Repair, and Defense of the Defense Information System Network (DISN) within the DOD Information Network (DODIN) in support of the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA). It also includes support to other key tasks for DISA, including the transformation of DISA’s operational mission through innovation, and support to DISA’s mission partners.
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
- Outlining, developing & executing required work tasks to accomplish project goals.
- Overseeing creation of integration and verification test plans for new capabilities and migrated COTS/GOTS tools.
- Identifying and managing related project task dependencies, risks & possible mitigations.
- Estimation of level of effort (hrs/days/resources) to outline & update a projected project schedule.
- Supporting requirements specification and definition for the cloud infrastructure and tools.
- Creating systems engineering documents and diagrams to support the tool migrations
- Employing exceptional problem-solving skills.
- Assisting with identifying and supporting external dependencies where needed.
- Conducting automated unit and system integration tests to identify and feedback failed modules and components
- Leading and/or supporting design reviews and updates
- Designing system to system data transfer and integration process of all environments
Required Experience, Skills, and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline with 12+ years of professional experience; or 10+ years of professional experience with a related Master’s degree.
- Active DoD Secret security clearance
- Must hold Security+ Certification within 30 days of start date
- Experience with cloud-based AWS services / AWS enterprise implementations
- Leadership experience including but not limited to technical project leadership, technical team management, first line management, and project management.
- 5+ years of systems engineering experience
- 5+ years of project planning experience
- Experience testing, troubleshooting, and integrating COTS/GOTS software
- Experience identifying and tracking related project task dependencies, risks & possible mitigations
- Experience estimating level of effort (hrs/days/resources) to feed & update a projected project schedule
- Experience with JIRA, Git repo and Confluence
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Education:
- Current Security+ Certification
- Experience working with Linux and Windows operating system, and operating system commands
- Experience with DevOps/DevSecOps, Configuration as Code, Infrastructure as Code, and CI/CD implementation
- Experience with Jira Xray Test Management plugin
- Experience with big data applications
- Strong awareness of networking and internet protocols
- Understanding of network routing devices and network device configurations
- Understanding of ITIL foundation or ITIL certified
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.