Join the Leidos Innovations Center (LInC) where you can be a part of the technology-driven core of Leidos and continue our tradition of solving the toughest scientific and engineering problems for customers. Our groundbreaking solutions leveraging a wide range of technologies, transitioning advanced technologies from the laboratory to operational systems for our customers.
The LInC Electronic Warfare divsion has an exciting opportunity for a Real-Time Software Engineer to perform design, development, and hardware/software integration in Arlington, VA.
Our division primarily focuses on research & development and advanced prototyping, transforming state of the art signal processing algorithms into real-time software systems. We develop EW technology to dominate the electromagnetic spectrum while denying the enemy access to it. Our research focuses on advancement of electronic attack, electronic protection, electronic support, command and control, and resource management.
Join a team of professionals who value work-life balance and flexible schedules.
Projects involve small multi-disciplinary teams of engineers working together in spiral or agile development environments to meet aggressive customer schedules aimed at near-term field demonstrations. We are seeking a candidate for this position with a track record of implementing high-performance signal processing on general purpose processors, such as ARM.
Our team is responsible for the following:
• Contributing to design and development of advanced systems as a part of multi-disciplinary teams. These teams are made up of other software team members and subject matter experts from the areas of systems engineering, hardware, firmware, machine learning, RF front end design, and signal processing.
• Designing, implementing, and testing real-time C/C++ software for multi-core systems running Linux or a real-time operating systems, such as VxWorks
• Experience building software products that utilize third party mathematics and communication libraries
• Experience with interface communication standards / protocols such as TCP/IP, UDP, and DDS
• Ability to read and understand signal processing algorithms written in MATLAB
• Advanced knowledge of the Linux operating system as well as experience with real-time operating systems
• Designing, implementing, and testing software to configure and control RF hardware devices
• Integrating software into third-party software frameworks and architectures, such as Redhawk
• Documenting the developed systems
• Support system field testing and collection events, usually about a week in duration once or twice a year
The successful candidate will have the following education/experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Science
• C/C++ real-time software development experience
• Experience using version control (Subversion, GIT, etc.) and continuous integration software tools (Jenkins)
• Must have active Secret level security clearance with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI level clearance.
• Master’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent
• Existing security clearance higher than the Secret level
• Experience with Machine Learning and/or Artificial Intelligence algorithms and libraries, such as TensorFlow
• Experience with MATLAB GPU computing
• Experience with High Performance Computing including parallel and distributed computation
• Experience with Model-Based Design code generation practices
• Experience with cloud-based computing platforms, such as Amazon Web Services (AWS)
• Experience with other programming languages such as Python and/or Java
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.