As the trusted IT and network provider for more than 3 million government users, Leidos brings the domain experience and mission understanding to transform complex systems into modernized networks. We leverage innovations in technology and the creativity of our people to bring outstanding value to our customers. Leidos is the largest systems integrator and provider of IT services to the U.S. government, serving customers across all sectors. We bring decades of experience leading large-scale, secure government networks and mission-critical programs to bear. With recent new program wins for mission critical networks, our footprint in this market is growing, and so are opportunities to join our team.
Leidos is seeking an Integration Engineer to provide Agile DevOps support to mission critical network systems. As an Integration Engineer, you will have the opportunity to design, develop, document, test and debug software capabilities to support a complex program. Based in DevOps framework, you will determine computer user needs: analyze systems capabilities, resolve problems on program, determine output requirements, input data acquisition, and programming techniques and controls.
The projected start date for this position is February 2022.
Integration Engineer Responsibilities:
• Design, develop, test, and maintain a software stack using a mix of commercial and open-source software
• Prototype and evaluate new software components for inclusion within the existing system architecture
• Use automation tools to rapidly build, test, and deploy system components
• Integrate analytics engines to visualize and enhance access control decision making
• Simulate potential failure scenarios, then implement changes to make the system more resilient
• Generate clear and maintainable documentation
• Generate visual media that can communicate the benefits of a software tool or system to both technical and non-technical audiences
• Bachelor’s degree with 4+ years of relevant experience in software engineering or a Master’s degree and a minimum of 2 years of experience
• Experience with learning, installing, configuring, or integrating commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) or open source solutions or products
• Understanding of infrastructure and platform components such as operating systems, databases, file systems, servers, load balancers, networking, firewalls, application program interface (API) gateways, and intrusion detection
• Database Configuration (ServiceNow)
• Familiarity with AI/ML
• Experience in multiple of the following areas, and a desire to learn the others:
o Linux OS scripting (Bash)
o Software development in a high-level programming language (Java, C#, Python)
o Cloud infrastructure platforms (Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure)
o DevOps automation tools (Ansible, Chef, Puppet)
o Source control and Agile development tools (Git, Maven, Jenkins, Bitbucket, Jira, Confluence)
o Analytics and search engines (Elasticsearch, Splunk, Apache Solr)
• Basic understanding of the Agile development process
• Demonstrated ability to understand technical tasks and complete them on schedule
• Effective written, oral, and visual communication skills, such that technical concepts can be communicated in a way that non-technical individuals can understand
• Ability to work effectively within a team construct
• Experience with configuring and/or preforming admin level network tasks(SD-WAN, LAN, etc.)
• Experience with Network Monitoring
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.