Leidos is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer who will be a member of a dynamic team working on the development of the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Enterprise-Information Display System (E-IDS) which will replace the legacy IDSs with an enterprise system providing a single NAS baseline with a single logistics pipeline, reduced training needs, and national configuration management, leading to long-term operations and maintenance cost savings. There are five IDS currently in use at just over 450 Air Traffic Control (ATC) facilities with approximately 5,000 IDS-equipped operating positions. There are additional locations where IDS equipment is installed for remote communications, which will also be replaced. E-IDS will allow users to work efficiently by providing timely display and correlation of relevant operational information (e.g. maps, weather, and aeronautical features) simultaneously on an integrated geospatial display. E-IDS will provide each user access to enterprise-level information coupled with efficient, consistent, easy-to-use filtering, sorting and searching capabilities and quick reference information.
Senior Systems Engineer Responsibilities:
Working both as a member of a team and independently the successful candidate will be:
• Developing A-Level System/Subsystem Specification (SSS) requirements, B-Level Software Requirements Specification (SRS), Systems Engineering Modeling and Design, and Computer Human Interface design and mock-up development for the E-IDS system
• Assist in the establishment of appropriate systems engineering processes that sets a standard of excellence and ensures technical quality in systems engineering deliverables
• Interfacing with the FAA customer to address/answer questions relating to the developed requirements, use cases describing human interactions and design decisions
• Performing Systems Engineering as needed for the E-IDS system
• Providing support needed for software development, integration and test, and other functional areas
• Articulating user needs and requirements from high level user stories
• Developing the design for the user interface framework including client and server side components; analyzing and designing databases within an application
• Working in an Agile Scrum environment
• Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
• Requires Bachelors of Science and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience. May possess a doctorate in the technical domain.
• Systems Engineering experience, including proven experience working in complex projects gathering user requirements and converting them into system requirements
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including experience:
- working directly with customers to discuss their requirements and objectives
- interfacing with other functional areas (e.g. Software, Hardware)
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with others in a team environment
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Technical leadership experience with strong organization and time management
• Proven experience with supporting highly critical customer missions
• Candidate must be able to obtain an SF-85P Public Trust clearance from the FAA customer.
• Prior experience in a technical leadership role that requires significant coordination across multiple functional areas
• Experience with Cameo Systems Modeler
• Extensive experience with Model Based Systems Engineering tools, concepts and design approaches
• Familiarity with Apache Velocity Document Production
• Familiarity with SysML
• Familiarity with the Atlassian Tool Suite and JIRA
• Experience supporting Requirements Reviews with customer
• Familiarity with the National Air Space and FAA NextGen Air Traffic control programs.
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.