The Sr. Software Engineer is responsible for providing technical engineering support to the Military Family Life Counseling program (MFLC). The Sr. Software Engineer reports to the Chief Engineer. The MFLC technology resides in the Leidos Vector platform powered by Microsoft SharePoint and Nintex. The Engineer will support design, development and operational duties of all technical activities of the platform. The MFLC program provides counseling support to U.S. military service members and their families in the U.S. and across the globe.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all functions providing customer/platform specific engineering support.
- Design, develop and manage SharePoint functionality and related Nintex forms and workflows to meet Program/Application requirements.
- Design and develop data models applicable to SharePoint lists and views to support analytics and data rationalization across many datasets and entities.
- Collaborate with technical teams responsible for downstream systems to ensure proper integration and data movement.
- Design and implement configurable and extensible Nintex workflows for data aggregation and dissemination using basic and advanced Nintex tools including CAML, Regular Expressions, Connectors (like Web Request), and External Site Queries.
- Implement front-end and back-end data validations and constraints to improve data quality.
- Support the configuration of reports in Power BI and Excel spreadsheets.
- Design user-friendly UI/Screens that support a variety of user-types and user-functions.
- Support break/fix involvement and resolution for customers
- Support user training including documentation development, training sessions, and regular communications.
- Monitor applications for performance and data quality using application logs, system logs, and related alerts.
- Troubleshoot and repair data issues and functional issues.
- Proactively identify and develop automation in the application to reduce data entry, improve operational processes and improve user-experiences.
- Build relationships with key user and customer groups to identify and resolve business issues, understand program-evolving requirements and provide suggested technical solutions.
- BS Computer Science/Information Technology or 10 years equivalent experience designing, developing and maintaining web-based business applications required
- Minimum of 2 years Nintex design and development experience required
- Minimum of 5 years SharePoint design and development experience required
- Understanding of data modeling and data architecture methodology and implementation required
- Experience with SQL DML and DDL required
- Experience with large, enterprise solutions required
- Previous experience interacting/presenting to customers and senior management preferred
- Technical leadership on major projects within complex business/program environments
- Experience working in an Agile development team and tools like Jira
- Excellent communication skills related to technical design and execution of web-based business application and data integration
- Strong team player and ability to interface with all customer levels
- Web-based application development
- IT Security including network security, PKI, HTTP proxies, and similar technologies
- Experience in creating reports in Power BI is a plus
- Experience working with Jira is a plus
Pay Range:Pay Range $91,000.00 - $140,000.00 - $189,000.00
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.