The Leidos Corporation was selected by the National Science Foundation as the Prime Contractor for supporting U.S. research sites in Antarctica.
Leidos is looking to fill the Construction Manager (CM) position, who will be managing construction projects throughout the United States Antarctic Program. Projects range from civil work, utilities construction, facility construction, renovation, repairs, and science construction support. Construction efforts will be a mix of self-performed and subcontracted work. The position is based in Centennial Co. and requires periodic and perhaps multiple deployments to Antarctica in a single year. It is anticipated that the CM will deploy each season. Deployment timeframes may vary, but total deployment time is generally expected to be 4 to 6 months per year.
While in Denver, the CM will collaborate in the development and review of upcoming construction efforts. This includes the development of new and review of existing resource loaded schedules; development of material takeoffs for self-performed work. The CM will work with the engineering staff, planning and controls, and project managers to ensure that designs are complete, materials are procured, and resources are identified and hired as required to meet project requirements. CM will also work with Engineering and other Stakeholders on constructability reviews and in developing innovative approaches to building design/construction for Antarctica. The CM in conjunction with the project manager will work with Safety to ensure project safety plans are thought out, and meet OSHA and other applicable safety standards and requirements. Additionally the CM will work with Quality Assurance to ensure the appropriate quality standards are met for all construction projects
While in Antarctica, the CM will oversee construction superintendents, trade supervisors, and tradespersons and is responsible for managing resources tied to construction activities and change control activities if needed. CM will also oversee execution of subcontracted construction activities to ensure delivery of those scopes of work in compliance with specifications, schedules, quality and other project requirements.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Directly responsible for the execution of project construction.
- Manages construction activities following project plans, specifications, and project schedules.
- Keeps relevant project managers and others informed of project status, issues, and incidents for the project.
- Plan and coordinate for availability of equipment, tools and materials required to execute self-perform scopes of work
- Performs planning and estimating as required to support construction estimates, schedules, and procurements. This may include schedule development, design reviews, constructability reviews, development of material take-offs and “bills of materials” based on engineering design drawings and project specifications, and development of cost and labor estimates.
- Responsible for change control during the construction phase of projects and for managing budgets tied to construction activities.
- Identifies required design and specification changes prior to construction, and utilizes the request for information process, documented changes through engineering review.
- Participates in project meetings/teleconferences to monitor progress, implement procedures, ensure compliance with specifications and standards, and ensure safety procedures are being followed.
- Reports project progress in relation to project schedules, and updates schedules at required intervals.
- Interacts with National Science Foundation, military and other agency officials in a professional and tactful manner, on an as needed basis.
- Communicates professionally, both orally and in writing, with subordinates as needed to relay information they need in order to be successful in their jobs. This includes, but is not limited to, staff meetings, performance appraisals, job requirements, projects, quality standard procedures, and safety practices.
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining a safe workplace program and ensuring that safety is the highest priority on the job site.
- Performs other duties as required.
PHYSICAL AND / OR OTHER SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS: Deployment to Antarctica is required in this position. When required to deploy, the individual in the position must successfully complete the physical and dental examinations, as required by the NSF for deploying to Antarctica. Failure to meet these requirements may result in withdrawal of employment offer or other employment action. Complies with applicable safety, environment, health, and waste management policies and procedure. US citizenship or permanent residence is required.
- Bachelor's Degree in construction management, engineering, or related discipline is preferred. Equivalent work experience may be accepted in lieu of a degree.
- 8 years of prior relevant experience, including 5 years of construction supervision.
- Experience supervising trades employees, project scheduling and project cost estimating is required.
- Experience executing construction projects in remote and logistically challenging locations.
- Experience working in a matrixed organization of Project Managers, Construction Managers, Engineers, Estimators, Project Controls, and Drafters.
- Experience managing field crews and coordinating multiple subcontractors simultaneously.
- Experience managing field changes, quality control inspections, final punch lists, progress reporting, and other activities supporting final completion.
- Experience developing and reviewing project schedules for completeness and accuracy. Primavera and Microsoft Project experience preferred.
Pay Range:Pay Range $65,000.00 - $100,000.00 - $135,000.00
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.