The National Airspace Systems Integration Support (NISC) program at Leidos is seeking an Engineering Planner to write and edit communications that may be both complex and controversial in nature, intended for a variety of audiences to include: Congressional correspondence, Administrator hotlines, Safety hotlines, general correspondence, VIP Briefing Papers, and Freedom of Information Act (FOIA).
The position will be supporting the Federal Aviation Administration's (FAA) Central Service Center (CSC) Operations Support Group (AJV-C2) with the goal of providing outstanding customer service to FAA customers receiving NISC services. This position is based in Fort Worth, Texas and is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the NISC mission.
The ideal candidate should be able to communicate to a variety of audiences including FAA Headquarters, FAA field offices, Public Forum groups and users of the National Airspace System (NAS). Experience dealing with each of these organizations is necessary and the candidate must be knowledgeable of FAA orders to provide thorough review and draft responses. The ability to work in a team environment is critical as this will contribute to the overall success of the deliverable.
Primary Responsibilities for the position include but are not limited to:
- Writing and editing of communications that may be both complex and controversial in nature intended for a variety of audiences to include: Congressional correspondence, Administrator hotlines, Safety hotlines, general correspondence, VIP Briefing Papers, and Freedom of Information Act (FOIA).
- Review and interpret laws, rules and regulations, policies and standard operation procedures.
- Coordinate and consult with other FAA organizations, when necessary, to provide analysis of noise complaint event and draft response.
- Complete responses within strict timeframes, which will need to afford for a suitable time for comment periods and take into account time for FAA Lines of Business (LOB), and industry to complete required signatory/endorsement processes.
- Apply experience and advanced knowledge to determine which facilities/offices are involved in the requests and forwards a copy of the information to the appropriate facilities/offices, including follow up, as needed.
- Ensure that all written materials, including correspondences, internal memoranda, reports, Congressional responses and tasking are clear, concise, and accurate.
- Ability to review, understand, and apply laws, policies and regulations in order to answer questions, provide advice to others, and solve problems.
- Clear and concise general and technical writing. Ensure that all written materials including correspondences, internal memoranda, reports, Congressional responses and tasking are clear, concise, and accurate.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and know how to use the Internet as a data gathering and communicating tool.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Products including SharePoint (KSN).
Bachelors Degree and 10 years of prior relevant experience to include:
- 10 plus years previous FAA Air Traffic Controller experience in an Enroute Facility or level 10 or greater Terminal Facility.
- 5 years FAA Management/Staff experience at an Enroute Facility or level 10 or greater Terminal Facility.
- Must be able to conduct research, evaluations, studies, and develop correspondence to the FAA customer.
- Experience preparing high level briefing papers and presentations required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
Experience dealing with multiple lines of business in the FAA.
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.