Leidos is seeking a Systems Administrator who will be a member of the Lab Support team working on the Federal Aviation Administration's (FAA's) En Route Automation Modernization (ERAM) technology. ERAM is the heart of the Next Generation Air Transportation System (NextGen) and the pulse of the National Airspace System, helping to advance our transition from a ground-based system of air traffic control to a satellite-based system of air traffic management. ERAM is vital to the future of air navigation, providing the foundational platform required for the FAA to enable NextGen solutions, via modernization programs such as System Wide Information Management (SWIM), Data Communications (Data Comm), and Automatic Dependent Surveillance-Broadcast (ADS-B). ERAM will provide benefits for users and the flying public by increasing air traffic flow.
Systems Administrator Responsibilities:
• Lab Support Engineering/Integration consisting of on-site support to all FAA and Leidos test groups using the WJHTC labs.
• Lab administration support which includes activities such as creating new user/group IDs and providing system functions such as disk management, cross mounts, add/change files systems, backup/restore coordination, network management and release management.
• Assisting with problem debugging, investigating hardware and software problems, as well as implementing corrective action, answering user questions, providing effective lab operations, and assistance to the lab user.
• Installation and customization of the operating system images, which includes the necessary CAS software and applications software for the various process platforms in the lab.
• Lab user support as required that includes assisting users in the lab on a day-to-day basis
• Requires BS degree and 2+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
• Basic hardware knowledge and ability to troubleshoot/repair basic issues (Adapter swaps, adding memory, etc..)
• Redhat Linux administration skills, and ability to troubleshoot
• IBM AIX administration skills, and ability to troubleshoot
• Knowledge of Cisco routers and switches including stack switches
• IBM Enterprise DS4700 storage knowledge
• NetApp storage knowledge
• Understanding of Ansibile
• Understanding of ESXi virtual systems
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.