Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainable. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
Your greatest work is ahead!
Leidos has an opening in its Defense Group for a Database Engineer (DE). The DE provides technical expertise for database design, development, implementation, information storage and retrieval, data flow and analysis. Develops relational and/or Object- Oriented databases, database parser software, and database loading software. Projects long-range requirements for database administration and design. Responsible for developing a database structure that fits into the overall architecture of the system under development and has to make trades among data volumes, number of users, logical and physical distribution, response times, retention rules, security and domain controls. The Database Engineer works primarily at the front end of the lifecycle-requirements through system acceptance testing and Initial Operational Capability (IOC). Develops requirements from a project’s inception to its conclusion for a particular business and Information Technology (IT) subject matter area (i.e., simple to complex systems). Assist with recommendations for, and analysis and evaluation of systems improvements, optimization, development, and/or maintenance efforts. Translates a set of requirements and data into a usable document by creating or recreating ad hoc queries, scripts, and macros; updates existing queries, creates new ones to manipulate data into a master file; and builds complex systems using queries, tables, Open Database Connectivity and database storage and retrieval using Cloud methodologies.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Leidos Defense Group provides a diverse portfolio of systems, solutions, and services covering land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace for customers worldwide. Solutions for Defense include enterprise and mission IT, large-scale intelligence systems, command and control, geospatial and data analytics, cybersecurity, logistics, training, and intelligence analysis and operations support. Our team is solving the world’s toughest security challenges for customers with “can’t fail” missions. To explore and learn more, click here!
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
- Supports the database design, development, implementation, information storage and retrieval, data flow and analysis activities
- Supports the development of long and short term requirements for database administration and design
- Supports the analysis and evaluation of system improvements, optimization, development and/or maintenance efforts
- Translates a set of requirements and data into a usable database schema by creating or recreating adhoc queries, scripts and macros, updates existing queries, creates new ones to manipulate data into a master file
- Assists in developing databases, database parser software, and database loading software
- Assists in developing database structures that fit into the overall architecture of the system under development
- Leads development of databases, database parser software, and database loading software
- Leads development of database structures that fit into the overall architecture of the system under development
- Develops requirement recommendations from a project’s inception to its conclusion for a particular IT subject matter area (i.e. simple to complex systems)
- Responsible for developing a database structure that fits into the overall architecture of the system under development and has to make trades among data volumes, number of users, logical and physical distribution, response times, retention rules, security and domain controls
- Directs the overall database structure that fits into the overall architecture of the system under development and has to make trades among data volumes, number of users, logical and physical distribution, response times, retention rules, security and domain controls
- Directs fulfillment of requirements from a project’s inception to it conclusion
- Directs organization of requirements and data into a usable database schema by directing development of adhoc queries, scripts, macros, updates to existing queries
- Directs the development of complex systems using queries, tables, Open Database Connectivity and database storage and retrieval using Cloud methodologies
- Oversees development and integration of messaging protocols/services to i.e. Java Messaging protocol, RabbitMQ.
- Stays current with technological developments and makes recommendations for ways to take advantage of new and emerging technology as it relates to database, messaging and software development.
Required Experience, Skills, and Education:
Must have 10+ years’ experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required, of which seven years’ is required in developing SQL server database architecture.
Requires an active DOD TS/SCI Polygraph level clearance to start.
Requires DoD 8570 compliance with Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level II or higher is required.
Requires a bachelor’s degree in an IT discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional database engineering experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
Must have certification as a LENEL Certified Expert (LCE) with a concentration in databases is required.
Pay Range:Pay Range $94,250.00 - $145,000.00 - $195,750.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.