Leidos has an immediate opening for a Senior Network System Engineer to join and grow with our Corporate Information Technology Services Team. This position can be supported in Orlando – FL, Reston – VA, Gaithersburg – MD, or San Diego – CA. We are mostly on telework at the moment due to the pandemic, but will return to partial telework when it's safe to do so.
In this role, you will research and provide design level solutions for the current corporate WAN / LAN system within LEIDOS taking into account availability, scalability, security and manageability as appropriate. You will also perform network system engineering and system engineering on a broad range of programs providing overall support for various business-critical networks. Some tasks involve the full system engineering life-cycle including project management, cost, risk, supportability, requirements analysis, functional analysis, timeline analysis, trade studies design, development, integration, device/system testing, validation, implementation, technical management, and quality assurance.
You will provide support for WAN / LAN / Data Center Network / DNS / DHCP / Wi-Fi / WAN Acceleration from a System viewpoint to the individual viewpoint, including:
- Research and Provide recommendations to Operations on what features to enable and how to use them.
- Assist with Tier III support to Operations in support, as required.
- Respond to problem (architecture and design level) tickets associated with observations within each area.
- Provide project-based engineering and on-going enhancement engineering support within each area.
- Develop for each area a system analysis and design documents for Leidos' corporate architecture, specific projects, assessment of business process and design artifacts provided by project, program or service support staff.
- Work with the other departments in designing, staging configuration, implementation and support as applicable.
- Bachelor's degree and 8+ years of experience in Network Administration and Systems Engineering. Additional years of relevant experience will be considered in lieu of Bachelor's degree.
- Experience with CISCO Switching: STP, RSTP, MST, LAN tuning / protection, VTP, Vlans, 802.1Q / ISL trunk connections, Understand MAC / ARP tables.
- Experience with Cisco WAN/LAN technologies - Primary routing protocols EIGRP / BGP, some OSPF / RIP (ISIS Not required), redistribution, route maps, Access Control Lists (ACL), IP Subnet/ Variable Length Subnet Masking (VLSM), SNMPv2 / SNMPv3, TACACS/Radius.
- Experience with Network Hardware Design and Configuration, Network Troubleshooting, Network Performance Tuning.
- US Citizenship and ability to obtain security clearance is required.
- Experience with WAN and VPN / VRF Solutions, MPLS, DMVPN Phase1/2/3, IPsec, IPsec/GRE, and Performance Routing.
- Experience with SilverPeak SD WAN / WAN Acceleration/Optimization Solution
- Experience with Arista Product Line / Software Defined Data Center
- Experience with VMWare / NSX-T routing / Software Defined Data Center
- Experience with Network Access Controls (NAC) / 802.1X authentication.
- Experience with Aruba WI-FI Solution / product line.
- Experience with Multicast/ Streaming Service.
- Experience in Analysis of Alternatives (AoA) for new technologies.
- Experience with DNS/DHCP, IPAM (BlueCat), load balancers (F5), and Authentication Systems (Clearpass), SSL VPN.
- Experience with enterprise network management tools such as HPNA, SolarWinds, Cisco Smartnet, LiveAction, Splunk, or similar technologies with WAN/SDWAN/SDN system analysis and design documents.
- VoIP implementation and Support.
- Knowledge of ITIL Change & Configuration Management.
- Knowledge of IPv6 addressing and routing protocols.
- Current or former Cisco certifications - CCNP and above.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.