Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Driven by our talented workforce, the Security Detection & Automation Operation (SD&A) is the cornerstone of Leidos’ comprehensive suite of fully-integrated security detection and automation solutions for aviation, ports and borders, and critical infrastructure customers around the world, with more than 24,000 products deployed across 120 countries. Leidos is positioned to address emerging and evolving threats through rapid development of innovative solutions for our global customers.
The Quality Director is responsible for Quality, Continuous Improvement (CI), and Environmental Health & Safety (EH&S) activities across SD&A sites. The position requires the ability to think innovatively, challenge traditional ways where appropriate, and to both influence and demonstrate accountability for business outcomes in a fast paced environment.
- Establish and maintain a quality culture committed to excellence and Leidos values.
- Manage and develop the quality team, foster an inclusive work environment, and encourage the highest standards of ethics.
- Ensures timely support and flow down of Leidos Mission Assurance goals and objectives.
- Support development, deployment, and maintenance of effective quality and EH&S management systems.
- Ensure compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements, contractual requirements, corporate policies, and procedures, program plans, specifications, and processes.
- Establish a formal continuous improvement program; supported by leadership at all levels.
- Define and monitor performance against quality objectives and metrics with emphasis on improving product/process reliability.
- Engage in all aspects of design, development, production (internal & contract manufacturer), and field deployment to provide high quality products that meet customer needs.
- Conduct trend analysis at the organization and product/program levels to identify areas for improvement and implement measures to mature the enterprise.
- Ensure timely and sustained resolution of internal and external audit findings, requirement escapes, and customer complaints by conducting root cause analysis and implementing corrective and preventive measures.
- Participate in supplier/subcontractor selection and oversight to ensure the flow down of applicable clauses and requirements and that supplier/subcontractors are meeting contractual requirements.
- Leverage continuous improvement tools to drive harmonization and standardization of business processes and systems across SD&A.
- Prepare written inputs and provide review support for bids and proposals; including actions to assure quality of products and services.
- Operate within budget and according to schedule and business rhythms
- Be proactive and effectively negotiate, influence, and persuade leadership, customers, partners, peers, and projects to develop and execute solutions to complex challenges.
- Bachelor’s Degree and ten (10) years of prior relevant experience; or Master’s with eight (8) years of prior relevant experience.
- 5+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects across multiple geographic locations.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001, ISO 14001, and OHSAS 45001.
- Experience with contract manufacturing and in-house production.
- Served as Leader or have hands on experience in Continuous Improvement and change management; Black Belt certification is ideal, but not required.
- Must have the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance and maintain other clearances as needed (US Citizenship is required).
- Must be able to obtain and maintain credentials to access government installations.
- Must be proficient in utilizing Microsoft Office products.
- Must have exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.