Leidos Government Health & Safety Solution Group in Windsor Mill, MD in support of the End User Centric IT Support (ECIS) Contract for Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) is looking to improve and advance the organization. Our program is focused on the delivery of end-user centric IT technology solution to our customer CMS where we are challenged to provide ongoing innovative and seamless experience while using CMS systems, applications and solutions, provide proactive secure development of IT integrations, concepts, and designs across the CMS enterprise and integrate end-user computing devices, conference room technology, infrastructure hardware and software, and user applications into a streamlined and seamless experience across the CMS user base. We fosters a positive end-user experience while ensuring protection of the data.
As a member of the Development and Engineering team, the candidate will provide comprehensive support for enterprise Windows desktop systems at CMS. The individual will be responsible for delivering end user services to include desktop services, mobility and collaboration technologies. This role will ensure the overall health and availability of End User systems. Provide quality support for enterprise desktops, and other enterprise technologies with a focus on client service. The individual will be responsible for supporting and executing the CMS IT Service Management (ITSM) processes, and developing technical solutions to satisfy business needs. Ensure end user services are defined and supported by the processes as guided by the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) framework.
Under the direction of the Development and Engineering Lead, Product Manager, Program Manager and Deputy Program Manager, you will be responsible, to include, but not limited to:
- Develop Windows Desktop images for automated deployment.
- Deploy approved release packages and break-fix solutions in accordance with all enterprise architecture and configuration, change, and release management policies and procedures
- Ensure compliance with all security and operational policies and procedures, including the United States Government Configuration Baseline for Windows.
- Provide day-to-day operational support for Windows devices.
- Provide on-call after hours support on rotation.
- Manage patching and software release distributions to Windows desktop systems using tools such as SCCM, Microsoft MDT, and IBM BigFix.
- Support integration with directories such as Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP), Kerberos and Active Directory (AD).
- Follow relevant procedures to resolve incidents and fulfill requests within agreed upon service level agreements (SLAs).
- Work with Technical Writer to draft user communication and issue email notifications to key stakeholders and the user community regarding environment changes, patches, and outage, both planned and unplanned.
- Develop and maintains software tools and custom scripts, using PowerShell and Visual Basic, to automate repetitive tasks and improve user access to self-service options.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues as required, and propose and implement changes aimed at continual service improvement.
- Work closely with developers and other endpoint engineers in an agile environment to develop and implement new technologies in the customer environment.
- Work independently and under minimal supervision
- Troubleshoot technical problems and issues, conduct research and analysis and offer solutions to the technical issues requiring deep technical knowledge and understanding
- BS degree and 4-8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2-6 years of prior relevant experience. Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Experience in design, create, test and maintain internal Windows Client Imaging infrastructure.
- Experience with application Packaging and distribution using tools such as SCCM, Ivanti Landesk and IBM BigFix.
- Experience with Patching of Windows OS using device management tool like Ivanti Landesk, Microsoft SCCM and IBM BigFix.
- Experience in Active Directory Group/Users/Computers Organizational Units
- Experience in Group Policy/DISA STIG for Windows OS.
- Knowledge and experience with scripting tool such as PowerShell, Visual Basic etc.
- Knowledge and experience with administering Active Directory.
- Knowledge and experience working with WMI.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve hardware, peripheral, software, network, and other client-side related problems in a timely manner.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office 2016 and O365.
- Ability to communicate technical issues in terms understood by both technical and non-technical end users.
- Ability to interface with all functions and at all levels within the organization and with external customers.
- Deep understanding of and ability to apply technical principles and theories
- Required Clearance
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
All candidates supporting the CMS programs must have lived in the United States at least three (3) outof the last five (5) years prior in order to be considered.
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.