Global Information Grid (GIG) Service Management-Operations (GSM-O), a Defense Group of Leidos has an opening for a Unified Communications (UC) engineer. Our customer is the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) located at MacDill AFB, FL and acts as the provider of GIG/Defense Information System Network (DISN) services to the department of Defense (DoD) and national security organizations.
- Provide trending and capacity planning services to analyze and plan for a large, complex and highly resilient IP voice and video communications infrastructure.
- Provide the UC design, installation, integration, and product development so that the team meets customer specifications and complies/conforms with the organizational roadmap.
- Develop technical policy and work instructions and reporting in support of an enterprise IP telephony network.
- Manage, configure, troubleshoot and assure service supporting all aspects of a voice, video and data network. Must be organized, document oriented, possess skills in diagramming, and understand WAN principals.
- Develop and deliver installation, integration and maintenance documentation to operations and maintenance personnel.
- Configure and resolve complex technical problems utilizing expert knowledge of SIP signaling and call-flows.
- Manage, configure, troubleshoot remote site registration, signaling and media problems.
- Configure route plans, route lists, device profiles, calling search spaces, and route partitions. Validate change requests and ensure accuracy.
- Manage and configure voice subscribers, call handlers and call routing rules, also Cisco and or Juniper routing and switching rules.
- BS degree and 2-4 years of prior relevant experience. Additional experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Experience with one or multiple Cisco, Avaya or Oracle voice platforms including Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM), Cisco Unity, Cisco Unified Border Element (CUBE), Oracle Session Border Controller (SBC) and Avaya Aura Application Server.
- Expertise in SIP internetworking
- Demonstrable experience of advanced troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose network problems for routing, switching, security and large scale voice implementations.
- DoD 8570 IAT II (Security+)
- Currently possess an active Secret security clearance.
- Working knowledge of Secure Real-Time Transport Protocol (SRTP) including associated G.711 and G.729 codecs and Digital Tone Multi Frequency (DTMF).
- Experience with Oracle SBCs and other voice media gateway appliances.
- Experience supporting distributed firewall infrastructure.
- Experience creating/supporting IPSec MPLS VPN infrastructure
- Experience implementing and supporting BGP routing protocols
- Experience designing, configuring and troubleshooting QoS classification, marking and prioritization of network traffic (voice, critical applications, etc.).
- Familiarity with IPSec implementation and troubleshooting.
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.