Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?...
We are in search of a Team Leidos Operations Analyst (TL OA) who will primarily be responsible for development of an analytical assessment of our ability to meet the demands of an Operational outload.
As a key member of the Team Leidos Operations team, you will collect, analyse and review complex data sets, including assurance of same, in order to deliver an assessment of capacity versus demand in steady state operations and periods of significant surge, such as support to military operations and major training events.
The initial priority will be to build an interim operational model within six months. A data engineer will be recruited for the first six months to assist the OA in capturing the significant data sets envisaged.
This is a new role, so the ideal applicant will be one who is comfortable searching out the required data and generating a clear picture where none existed before. The results will enable evidence-based decision making by the Team Leidos Senior Leadership Team, ensuring that we deliver effective and efficient supply chain support to UK Armed Forces at scale and pace.
Are you ready for your next career challenge?
The Logistics Commodities & Services Transformation (LCST) Programme for the UK Ministry of Defence is a critical effort to enhance and improve the UK’s defence supply chain. The programme provides essential services such as storage and distribution for the MOD's materiel, including a global freight service and the procurement and inventory management of 70,000 commodity NATO Stock Number (NSNs).
Working together as Team Leidos we are helping to transform the UK's defence supply chain by providing an integration of a complex mixture of services, at low risk, using a modern suite of systems that will deliver one version of the truth. For the first time, the MOD will see the whole picture, as it is happening.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
- Build and maintain an understanding of Defence policy and strategy, and TL’s role within that strategy.
- Support Defence Support Chain Operations and Movements in the development and delivery of Strategic Base Outload plans.
- Develop modelling and analysis tools to collate multiple sources of information into a single picture of our procurement, warehousing and transport capacity versus the Defence operational requirement.
- Identify any gaps in Defence operational requirements data sets in order improve development of an enhanced end to end planning picture.
- Provide analytical support to the development of Courses of Action across a wide range of planning activity in order optimise logistic support to Defence when opening, sustaining or closing military operations worldwide.
- Conduct OA for TL support on existing and future military plans and discrete projects at the level of detail required by TL Ops.
- Complete OA of time sensitive questions and issues and provide input to decision briefs for the Senior Leadership Team.
- Provide an analytical approach to lessons Identified following significant TL operational delivery to inform Continuous Improvement.
- Provide analysis, predictions and assumptions to inform effective Risk Management across all areas of TL business, focusing on support to military operations.
- Maintain good communication across TL and with external stakeholders; specifically develop and maintain an analytical interface with analysts in Defence organisations.
- Be prepared to provide Out of Hours support during periods of significant surge.
- Strong experience in an analyst role
- Demonstrable experience in the use of Modelling and Analysis techniques.
- Experience of using software packages such as MS Excel, VBA/SQL, and PowerBI
- Self-motivated, with proven ability to work unsupervised and with management at every level
- Professional qualification in analysis, science, engineering, or logistics subject at Degree level, or equivalent in experience
- Familiarity with SCOR models and / or Defence Logistic Supply Chain processes
- The role is based in Ministry of Defence (MoD) Abbey Wood, Bristol. Some travel in the first few months will be required to visit key locations, such as the Leidos depots in Donnington and Bicester.
- Clearance to Start BPSS
- Clearance for Role SC
What do we do for you?:
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme)
Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.