Leidos is looking to improve and advance our organization. Our program is focused on the delivery of end-user centric IT technology solution to our Centers of Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) customer where we are challenged to provide ongoing innovative and seamless experience while using CMS systems, applications and solutions, provide proactive secure development of IT integrations, concepts, and designs across the CMS enterprise and integrate end-user computing devices, conference room technology, infrastructure hardware and software, and user applications into a streamlined and seamless experience across the CMS user base. We foster a positive end-user experience while ensuring protection of the data.
As Business Process Analyst you will work closely with the program management and technical and engineering teams and provide evaluation and the analysis of the hardware and software products in support of the customer. Review trends and analyze the data to discover patters, identify areas of concerns and prioritize action steps to optimize program performance. You will work closely with the external customer to ensure program reporting compliance with HSPD-12 requirements, track and maintain staff PIV records and provide regular reporting to the customer.
Under the direction of the Sr. Business Process Analyst, you will be responsible, to include, but not limited to:
- Assist with the management of the program Product Catalog.
- Assist with the tracking of software licenses.
- Assist with the tracking of the hardware assets on the program.
- Assist with the record management inventory and maintenance of hardware/software assets and deliverable tracking.
- Gather quotes and collect pricing information from third party vendors.
- Maintain purchasing records (hardware and/or software).
- Assist with processing (approving/denying) Service desk tickets for software requests
- Maintain program records as directed.
- Work closely with the internal functional support teams and assist with tracking improvements to deliver goods to the customer in the most efficient manner.
- Assist with the program administrative duties and coordination with staff and the customer.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience and less than 2 years prior relevant experience. Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel formulas and pivot tables is desirable.
- Advance competency in the use of MS-Office.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated experience in developing and delivering briefings for senior and executive managers and facilitating high level technical discussions.
- Able to plan/prioritize tasking and be able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work and demonstrate initiative with minimal supervision.
All candidates supporting the CMS programs must have lived in the United States at least three (3) out of the last five (5) years prior in order to be considered.
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.