Leidos is seeking an Engineering Manager who will support the Transportation Solutions Engineering organization’ Future Flight Services Program (FFSP) feature development teams at our Eagan, MN location. FFSP is available to the general aviation community 24x7x365 and includes aviation pilots’ safety flight briefings, search & rescue activities, ground to ground, and air to ground communications
• Provide strong leadership for ongoing program engineering tasks
• Plan team tasks to ensure the teams meet deadlines and commitments.
• Present status in programmatic and engineering forums.
• Develop and conduct interim and yearly performance reviews for the department personnel and lead special projects when assigned in addition to normal managerial duties.
• Oversee program financial responsibilities and support proposals, ROMS and task order preparation.
• Requires a Bachelor of Science degree or equivalent experience and 5+ years or prior relevant experience or Masters with 3+ years of prior relevant experience, with 2+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
• Possess excellent interpersonal, planning and problem solving skills.
• Able to obtain an SF-85P Public Trust clearance from the FAA customer and this position requires U.S. Citizenship.
• Excellent written and communication skills
• Demonstrated leadership skills
• FFSP/AFSS experience
• Transportation solutions engineering process experience
• Demonstrated Agile development experience
• Demonstrated planning experience
• Software development or engineering experience.
• Program / project leadership experience
• Cost management experience
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.