Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customer’s success. We are in search for a mid-Level Software Developer supporting the Mission Planning development program in Orlando, FL.
The successful candidate will be energetic, eager to learn and comfortable working in a collaborative team environment. Under supervision, core responsibilities will include:
- Creation and modification of SW utilities for various Mission Planning needs
- Development of web applications, REST APIs, and occasional desktop utilities
- Debugging of application deployment in various environments
- Working within a CI/CD pipeline and providing guidance and input into required updates to provide robust functionality to the customer
- Reviewing and recommending next generation web technology solutions to the team to provide the best capabilities to Mission Planning.
If this sounds like the kind of work and environment where you can thrive, read on and share your resume with us today!
To be successful in this role you must have the following:
- Must be a US citizen and have the ability to obtain a DoD Secret Level Security Clearance
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a closely related field with a strong understanding of object oriented software concepts
- 4+ years of software engineering experience
- 2+ years experience with Angular and TypeScript
- 1+ years of experience with any .NET programming language or Java
- Experience calling/utilizing REST APIs
- Knowledge of Integrated Development Environments (IDE) with Visual Studio experience preferred
- Experience utilizing a source code version control system such as Git
- Experience programmatically interfacing with a relational database
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, Visio, & PowerPoint)
You will wow us even more if you have these skills:
- Experience creating REST APIs
- Knowledge of web authentication mechanisms to implement single sign-on
- Familiarity with configuring basic web server settings
- Familiarity with object relational mappers, such as .NET Entity Framework or Hibernate
- Experience with JIRA
- Experience with common scripting tools such as Windows Command Prompt, PowerShell, and Developer Command Prompt for Visual Studio
- Knowledge of Virtual Machine environments and their use
Pay Range:Pay Range $71,500.00 - $110,000.00 - $148,500.00
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.