Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals. Driven by our talented workforce, the Integrated Missions Operation builds trust through an array of energy-related IT, environmental science and engineering solutions to meet our customers’ needs.
- Large Infrastructure
- Mission Support
- Digital Modernization
- Command & Control
- Mission Applications
- Environmental Science
- Nuclear Security
- Engineering Services
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs!
Leidos is seeking a Risk Manager to provide support and subject matter expertise in the identification of operational risks for the NNSA Defense Programs nuclear weapon life extension programs. The Risk Manager has overall responsibility for the evaluation and development of effective internal controls and audits and provide recommendations to manage and mitigate operational. This is a full-time position located at the NNSA offices on Kirtland AFB.
• Manage and track identified risks, issues, and opportunities to ensure the overall success of the program.
• Provide leadership and direction on the required approach to proactively identify, assess, monitor, and manage risks with all National Laboratories and Production Plants and develop strategies for effective mitigation, avoidance, transfer, or acceptance as appropriate.
• Manage the development and execution of a Risk, Issue and Opportunity Management Plan (RMP).
• Lead the development of a life cycle management risk mitigation process.
• Perform independent reviews and evaluations to ensure risks, issues, and opportunities are appropriately documented, tracked, evaluated, and managed or mitigated in accordance with the RMP.
• Bachelor's degree in a related field with at least 4 years of relevant experience or Master’s Degree with at least 2 years of relevant experience.
• Strong communications skills with the ability to challenge the functional areas on operational risk as well as the ability to convey risk exposure and requirements.
• Demonstrated experience implementing operational risk methodologies and performing risk assessments including issue management and other related activities.
• Currently possess a DoD Top Secret or DOE Q security clearance.
• Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification.
• Risk Management Professional (PMI-RMP) Certification.
• Experience with risk management for NNSA weapons programs.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.