Leidos’ Security Detection and Automation (SD&A) Operation is looking for a dynamic leader to enable our software teams to create the best security software in the industry. The Director, Software Operations will be a skilled, experienced leader with personal energy and drive who will own our secure dev ops environments, testing, information assurance, software dev tools and processes, and our cyber security tools and posture. The Director will be a skilled negotiator, able to effortlessly work across boundaries and across operations to get things done in a secure, compliant way in partnership with corporate IT.
Leidos SD&A is currently seeking an experienced leader to run our Software Operations team. This leader will manage a team of cyber, SecDevOps, and testing experts to enable our software teams to be efficient and nimble. Responsibilities include:
Cyber and IA:
- Develop and lead standard cyber security coding practices across the enterprise.
- Hire and lead an Information Assurance expert to manage information-related risks and the steps involved to protect information systems.
- Work with the Director of Software Architecture to develop common, cyber-hardened, foundational operating systems for all our products.
- Support the development life cycle of platform architectural design, deployment and debugging
- Building a release pipeline to enable fast, but safe delivery of critical business software to Production
- Develop & Maintain sound version control best practices-based CM systems (GIT), including branching and merging strategies
- Ability to automate SW builds andrelease deployments across development, test, staging, Quality Assurance and production stacks using a combination of scripting languages and other automation toolkits
- Maintain / upgrade / patch tracking and documentation software (Confluence / Jira)
- Create, Assist, and/or Implement design and maintenance web service infrastructure and deployments
- Identify processes and capabilities that can be streamlined and automated
- Leverage programming Languages such as Python, Ruby, Perl, and Java (U) Proficient with DevOps or Site Reliability Engineering methodologies
- Set up and configure a continuous integration environment by leveraging Configuration Management, containerization, serverless technologies, and Kubernetes
- Architect and develop best practices for software build tools (Gradle, Maven, ANT, Shell) and continuous integration tools (Jenkins, Bamboo), and infrastructure automation (Amazon Web Services, VMWare, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, etc).
Testing and Automation
- Manage and lead both a Systems Test and Test Automation group.
- Develop SecDevOps processes and pipelines that enable automatic testing of nightly builds.
- Ensure testing rigor against requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher is required in either Engineering (i.e. Computer, Electrical, Mechanical, Aerospace, etc.) or Computer Science with a minimum of ten (10) years of related experience. Master’s degree preferred.
- At least five years of direct people management experience. Demonstrated ability to lead change and influence organizational thinking.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical skills and technical troubleshooting skills
- Clarity and precision in verbal and written communications.
- Excellent negotiating and influencing skills; ability to work cross functionally with other functions and IT to get things done.
- Strong knowledge of Windows IoT embedded and Linux and Linux environments
- Deep knowledge of security practices, networking protocols, firewalls, PCI compliance, etc.
- Experience with software testing and testing architecture. Full understanding of sw testing cycles, requirements management, and test documentation.
- Experience with development of test automation and ability to lead change in the organization to enable automatic testing mindset.
- Expert in software development life cycle models, agile, and DevOps programming methodologies
- Experience acquiring in-depth understanding of large complex software systems to isolate defects, reproduce defects, assess risk, and understand varied customer deployments
- Ability to successfully work with customers, developers, testing, project management, and support Staff.
Clearance Level Required
- Ability to receive Secret level clearance.
- Partial; less than 15%
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.