Leidos’ Security Detection and Automation (SD&A) operation is looking for a dynamic leader to lead our newly created Enterprise Engineering team. This team is positioned at the forefront of Leidos’s future, enabling interconnectivity and customer productivity from Leidos vast installed base of global security solutions. The successful candidate will lead enterprise software development activities to create a global enterprise software platform that will interconnect sensors and data sources, enable data warehousing, develop AI-enabled applications, and implement industry-leading cyber security practices. The successful candidate will be a skilled negotiator and influencer, able to effortlessly interface cross functionally, with executive leadership and with customers. He or she will be an excellent people leader.
The Sr. Director, Enterprise Engineering is responsible for interfacing with customer stakeholders and partners to ensure enterprise-wide technical solutions are effective in tackling the most pressing problems efficiently. The ideal candidate will be experienced in identifying, comparing, selecting, and implementing technology solutions to meet current and future needs. The candidate will provide direction and leadership, drive the development of innovative concepts for further exploration, and implement solutions that extend capability for our customer. Proven leadership making high-level decisions regarding technological enhancements, determining how to leverage technology investments and capital to support program goals is desired.
Leidos SD&A is currently seeking an experienced leader to run our Enterprise Engineering team.
- Lead the team that will develop our enterprise engineering solution for both the Aviation and Ports and Borders markets.
- Develop the Enterprise Solution technical strategy, and integrate multiple activities and teams into that strategy to deliver customer value via data-enabled apps running on an enterprise solution backbone.
- Work cross-functionally with other groups and teams to integrate both internal and external sensors into the Enterprise solution.
- Work in harmony with the operation’s solution architect
- Support customer engagement events to understand our customer’s future needs and ensure a better informed technical strategy.
- Lead the development of solutions for upcoming customer needs ensuring cyber security compliance.
- Lead research and case studies on leading edge technologies and make determinations on the applicability to the current program or its future direction
- Mentor aspiring lead engineers ensure a culture of technical vitality within the program and organization
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher is required in either Engineering (i.e. Computer, Electrical, Mechanical, Aerospace, etc.) or Computer Science with a minimum of ten (10) years of related experience. Master’s degree preferred.
- At least five years of direct people management experience. Demonstrated ability to lead change and influence organizational thinking.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical skills and technical troubleshooting skills.
- Clarity and precision in verbal and written communications.
- Excellent negotiating and influencing skills; ability to work cross functionally with other functions and IT to get things done.
- Demonstrated expertise developing/delivering technical solutions for large scale technology platforms and offerings
- Understanding and experience of SW lifecycle development methodologies.
- Experience developing and managing solutions to cost and schedule constraints.
- Demonstrated experience delivering technical reports and plans (verbal/written) to executives
- Deep knowledge of security practices, networking protocols, firewalls, PCI compliance, etc.
- Experience with software testing and testing architecture. Full understanding of sw testing cycles, requirements management, and test documentation.
- Expert in software development life cycle models, agile, and DevOps programming methodologies
- Experience acquiring in-depth understanding of large complex software systems to isolate defects, reproduce defects, assess risk, and understand varied customer deployments
- Ability to successfully work with customers, developers, testing, project management, and support Staff.
- Experience as a Director of Engineering or similar role.
Potential for Telework
Clearance Level Required
- Ability to receive Secret level clearance.
- Partial; less than 25% of the time
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.