Leidos’ Security Detection and Automation group has a high-impact opening for a Director of Configuration Management. The successful candidate will lead the team that drives commonality and rigor into our product development, ensuring that all of our products are properly documented, controlled, and released according to international and customer standards. The Director will be an expert in Product Lifecycle management, and will have experience doing configuration management for government agencies such as the Department of Homeland Security.
- Lead a team of configuration management, doc control, and change analysts that owns configuration management for the Leidos SD&A business.
- Set and enforce clear, consistent configuration management policies and procedures across the business.
- Be a change agent, negotiating solutions that fit all parts of our business.
- Be an expert in product life cycle management best practices and SW tools.
- Work cross functionally with Product Line, Supply Chain, Engineering, and Operations to not only keep the business compliant, but also solve problems so that the business can deliver value to our customers.
- Assist in implementing hardware and software version control processes, policies and procedures.
- Assist in the use of configuration management tools (e.g. Agile, Teamcenter, Arena, DOORS, Eclipse) to store, track, and manage configuration items.
- Be an expert in documenting hardware and software configuration management processes and procedures.
- Lead the definition and implementation of hardware and software configuration management processes and procedures; such as creating product build scripts and procedures, and integrating those scripts with the hardware and software build process.
- Utilize configuration management tools store, track, and manage configuration items.
- Maintain the CM environment for hardware and software product build, staging, testing and integration (U) Develop hardware and software version control processes, policies and procedures and ensure that they are followed on hardware and software development projects.
- Organize and lead the Change Control Board (CCB).
- Ensure hardware and software version control processes, policies and procedures are followed on hardware and software development projects.
- Manage, maintain and develop the CM environment for hardware and software product build, staging, testing and integration.
- At least five years of direct people management experience. Demonstrated ability to lead change and influence organizational thinking.
- 12 years’ experience as a CM in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical skills and technical troubleshooting skills.
- Clarity and precision in verbal and written communications.
- Excellent negotiating and influencing skills; ability to work cross functionally with other functions to get things done.
- Ability to get a US Secret Security Clearance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical or business discipline from an accredited college or university is required. A Master’s degree preferred.
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.