Are you ready to take on a challenge in helping protect the U.S. through Missile Defense? Leidos has opportunities now for bright people looking for meaningful and innovative work.
The work includes trade studies, system engineering, model based system engineering, portfolio analysis, software development demonstration and product testing and deployment to Cheyenne Mountain. Leidos is focused on finding the best people, processes, and tools that will provide solutions in data integration and fusion, data analytics, data mining, predictive analytics, data visualization, and decision support tools.
The UX Designer/Developer’s responsibilities include gathering user requirements, making usability recommendations, rapid prototyping, user testing and translating user requirements to development teams. Ideal candidates should have experience in wireframing/prototyping, and end user interaction.
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product managers and engineers
- Conduct user testing
- Apply understanding of technical issues surrounding the designing, building and testing of software development kits
- Apply research skills to identify various methods and solutions to complex software challenges
- Understanding of user interfaces such as process synchronization techniques (i.e., semaphores, messages, threading), process scheduling, resource and device access
- Exposure to scripting languages for enhanced user experiences through application interfaces
- Provide design recommendations that enhances usability
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, diagrams, and sitemaps
- Design graphic user interface elements, including navigational menus, and data visualizations
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how sites function and look like
- Create original graphic designs (e.g. images, sketches, digital wireframes)
- Prepare and present rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback
- Adhere to style standards on fonts, colors and images
- Support sprint demonstrations
- Bachelor’s with six (6) years of experience; additional years of directly applicable experience may be accepted in lieu of a degree
- Proven work experience as a UI/UX Designer or similar role
- Experience in coding C++ and Java scripts, runtime and web logic
- Currently possess a Secret clearance
- Experience with missile warning and missile warning defense
- Understanding of missile warning message types
- Ability to work independently and as part of an engineering team
- Ability to work on multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- Ability to convey technical ideas in a clear, logical fashion
- Ability to translate highly technical discussions into executable plans
- Master's degree in associated field
- Experience with the Agile software development process IAW USG defined requirements
- Experience with MatLab
- Past experience in Command and Control Battle Management and Communications (C2BMC), Global Data Integration (GDI), or other key missile defense programs or areas
Pay Range:Pay Range $71,500.00 - $110,000.00 - $148,500.00
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.