Would you like to help architect the future of airport and border security? Work on technologies that protect lives, make the world a safer place every day, and make a difference? Are you a software architect, with deep experience in enterprise software, hardware platforms, AI/ML, and cyber security? Then read on for your dream job.
Leidos Security Detection and Automation, a world-leader in security technologies, is seeking a Director of Software Architecture. In this role, you will own the software architecture of Leidos’ security sensors, enterprise software, cyber security, and detection algorithms. You will create the platforms upon which future sensors are built, drive commonality between platforms, and create customer value through enterprise applications. The successful candidate will be a visionary technical and people leader, able to create long term strategies, influence others, sell ideas, overcome challenges, and drive change.
We are looking for a collaborative and forward leaning individual who wants to tackle challenges and be a part of creating innovative solutions. Ready to tackle your next challenge - then we want you on our team.
This role requires an experienced Solutions Architect/Software Engineer to provide technical expertise with legacy software architectures and Cloud Migrations/Cloud-Native Service architectures. This role designs, develops, and implements an Enterprise SW architecture that software development teams will leverage to enhance legacy SW applications and move services to use native cloud capabilities. This role works directly with implementation teams to provide technical guidance related to legacy SW applications and cloud implementation.
- Design, develop, and implement an overarching system SW architecture, covering both enterprise and embedded elements that software development teams can leverage to enhance legacy SW applications and move services to use native cloud capabilities.
- Provide technical expertise with both enterprise-level sw development, networking and developing systems that involve globally deployed edge sensors / equipment.
- Formulate software designs that create solutions meeting various desired outcomes (both current and future) while balancing the goals and constraints on the solutions (i.e. customer environment, cybersecurity, continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD), etc.).
- Work directly with implementation teams to provide technical guidance.
- Provide technical leadership and support to multiple Agile development team(s) to deliver solutions with architectures that provide capability improvements, reduced maintenance costs and flexibility to adapt quickly to customer needs
- Develop innovative approaches and solutions, using non-quantitative tools and guidelines from past experience.
- Negotiate complex scenarios and challenges and devise courses of action to resolve situations with predictable outcomes.
- Determine systems specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility and maintenance of system security.
- Serve in a position of leadership over critical objectives where decision making is of utmost concern to the outcome.
- May mentor and/or supervise others.
- Possess expert knowledge of software architecture and software systems engineering to design, develop, and implement an Enterprise SW architecture in a field bolstered with significant experience and advanced education and training; may be recognized within the technical community as a leader in his/her field.
- Similar level of expertise working with systems that involve globally deployed edge sensors/equipment (OSI Model Layers four to seven)
- Possess experience within the software architecture and software systems engineering field that includes extensive accomplishments, recognition by peers, training, and/or certifications directly related to the discipline.
- Possess experience working with implementation teams to provide technical guidance and implementation priorities related to enhancing legacy SW applications and cloud implementation.
- Possess experience in providing technical leadership and delivering an innovative product, service, or a combination of products and services that address a customer's specific business problems.
- Possess ability to negotiate complex scenarios and challenges and devise courses of action to resolve situations with predictable outcomes.
- Possess experience serving in a position of leadership over critical objectives where decision making is of utmost concern to the outcome.
- Experience with SecDevOps tools and implementation.
- Experience with Agile software development methodology
- Experience with JIRA, GitLab, Confluence, JIRA, Jenkins, etc.
- Possess ability and experience to mentor, supervise, and manage team members.
- This candidate must have a minimum of a Master's degree with 15+ years of experience. Years of proven experience may be used in lieu of degree.
Security Clearance Requirement
- Ability to obtain a clearance at the “Secret” level.
- Doctorate degree
Pay Range:Pay Range $139,750.00 - $215,000.00 - $290,250.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.