Leidos Civil Transportation Solutions Operation at Leidos has an opening for an energetic and detail oriented Senior Systems Engineer who will support the Operational Analysis and Reporting System (OARS) program for predictive models to help analysts proactively address emerging safety risks and make smarter system-level decisions.
Senior Systems Engineer Responsibilities:
Working both as a member of a team and independently the successful candidate will be:
• Developing A-Level System/Subsystem Specification (SSS) requirements, B-Level Software Requirements Specification (SRS), Interface Control Specifications, Systems Engineering Modeling and Design, and Computer Human Interface, wireframe or mock-up development for the OARS system
• Interfacing with the FAA customer to address/answer questions relating to the developed requirements, use cases describing human interactions and design decisions
• Work with FAA to obtain approvals for SDLC gate reviews such as System Requirements Review (SRR) and Software Design Review (SDR)
• Create the Features and User Stories with detailed Acceptance Criteria assigned in the Sprint Provide full SDLC requirements and systems engineering processes
• Communicate with the users or stakeholder to determine business, system and performance requirements
• Should have ability to lead team and project and deliver on timely manner.
• Modernizing the air traffic control safety applications by improving the exchange of electronic flight data and implementing integrated solution
• Providing support needed for software development, integration and test, and other functional areas
• Working in an Agile Scrum environment
• Participate in Backlog grooms and at time lead a Feature: elaborating it to smaller user stories and present it to team during backlog groom.
• Articulating user needs and requirements from high level business features
• Support newer members of the team and support them to learn FAA domain and tools/technologies used on the Program
• Perform as the Scrum Master as need arises
• Complete FAA compliance training needs as required by Customer
• Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
• Requires Bachelor of Science and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or a Masters degree with a minimum of 6+ years of prior relevant experience.
• Systems Engineering experience, including proven experience working in complex projects gathering user requirements and converting them into system requirements
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including experience:
- Working directly with customers to discuss their requirements and objectives
- Interfacing with other functional areas (e.g. Software, Test)
• Agile software development methodology, processes, sprint lifecycle, JIRA, Agile techniques
• Familiarity with AWS and Cloud technologies
• Hands on experience using tools such as JIRA, Confluence, BitBucket, etc.
• Experience with 508 compliance
• Ability and willing to perform or support system and integration testing activities
• Strong analytical skills, self-motivation, and attention to detail.
• Strong work ethic, curiosity, team-focused attitude.
• Familiarity with SysML and System Engineering modeling and design approach
• Familiarity with the Atlassian Tool Suite
• Experience supporting Requirements Reviews with customer
• Familiarity with the National Air Space and FAA Safety systems or applications
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.