Do you want to make a difference and do work that makes an impact? Do you want to have a hand in keeping our country and its people safe? If so, then, you are just what Leidos is looking for! We are seeking energized, motivated, and curious recent and upcoming college graduates in the Columbus, OH area to start in the summer of 2022.
A successful candidate will support a dynamic team to identify, investigate, respond and eradicate cybersecurity events targeting the DISA and its DOD Mission Partners. Candidates will develop cyber skills and knowledge while operating in a highly dynamic operating environment. Candidates with coursework in Networking, Application Development, Cloud, Computer Science and Cyber Security will be able to apply that knowledge while analyzing and responding to cyber threats and warnings.
- Review DoD and open source intelligence for threats and to identify Indicators of Compromise (IOCs) and integrate those into sensors and SIEMs
- Utilize alerts from endpoints, IDS/IPS, netflow, and custom sensors to identify compromises on customer networks/endpoints
- Analyze massive log files, pivot between data sets, and correlate evidence for incident investigations
- Triage alerts to identify malicious actors on customer networks
- Report incidents to customers and USCYBERCOM
- Bachelor’s degree in Cyber Security, Computer Science, Electrical/Computer Engineering, or Mathematics with 0-1 year of experience.
- Basic understanding of Information Technology concepts and Cyber Security Concepts
- Understanding of Windows/UNIX/LINUX operating systems
- Familiarity working with applications in the Microsoft Office suite
- Understanding of basic computer networking fundamentals
- US citizenship required
- Ability to obtain a DoD TOP SECRET clearance and sensitive compartmented information (SCI) access based on a background check.
Note: Prior to starting the position, an applicant will have be required to have a secret clearance and an DODD 8570 IAT Level – II industry certification such as Comptia Security+.
- Local candidates strongly preferred (Central Ohio Area)
- Current Seniors (rising juniors) preferred due to clearance timeframe.
- Students with related skills and recent graduates with an active security clearance.
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.