The Leidos PACAF C5ISRO Program currently has an opening for an Audio Visual Engineer supporting the A2 Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance Directorate at HQ PACAF, Joint Base Pearl Harbor – Hickam, Oahu, Hawai’i. This is an exciting opportunity to use your AV engineering skills helping to support HQ PACAF's and A2’s audio visual and video-teleconference communications requirements in the execution of its primary mission to deliver rapid and precise air, space and cyberspace capabilities to protect and defend the United States, its territories and our allies and partners; provide integrated air and missile warning and defense; promote interoperability throughout the Pacific area of responsibility; maintain strategic access and freedom of movement across all domains; and posture to respond across the full spectrum of military contingencies in order to restore regional security.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- AV VTC systems expert; responsible for the integrity and availability of all assigned classified and unclassified systems and components
- The AV Engineer’s focus is Design and development
- Sets up, interconnects, operates and maintains audio/video equipment to include: LCD projectors and screens, audio mixers, microphones, sound systems, teleprompter, DVD players, production and document cameras, computers, laptops, tablets, smartphones and other technology devices
- Due to the time-sensitive nature of the conferences, when AV systems/equipment problems occur, creative work-around solutions are expected on-the-spot, then follow-up with vendors for permanent fixes
- Quickly responds to customer issues regarding application/hardware operations; identifies, troubleshoots and resolves A/V equipment and connectivity issues, and solves/fixes problems on the spot
- Adapts to changes in technology; responsible for researching and implementing new software, as well as technological developments to improve various aspects of the systems
- Responsible for developing solutions to technical problems and issues that may be difficult and unclear; replicates/documents issues for internal analysis/diagnosis, and prepares documentation accurately depicting the problem and/or solution for feedback to developer/vendor
- The government customer is ultimately responsible for any policies/standards, but delegates responsibility accordingly and relies heavily on the AV Engineer who is the Technical Subject Matter Expert that assesses/advises/guides as needed
- Monitors and responds to hardware and software problems utilizing a variety of hardware and software testing tools and techniques; monitors the audio-visual network health using assigned/available software tools/programs
- Installs, configures, operates and maintains software applications and related hardware such as desktops, servers, and related peripherals like printers, scanners, drives, monitors and video teleconferencing hardware
- Provides software and system troubleshooting and support, and provides technical support and training to end-users
- Collaborates with team members regarding solution design, process and/or approaches; provides guidance and leadership to less-experienced technicians; team player willing to both share knowledge and learn from others
- Manages the functionality and efficiency of Audio/Visual systems supporting major conference events
- Additional related duties as requested, to include special projects
- Requires Bachelor’s Degree and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience (8-10 years’ experience in lieu of degree will be considered).
- Requires a current active TS/SCI clearance
- Current Extron Electronics certification
- Understands the mechanical and electronic aspects of A/V equipment and related peripherals: basic signal flow, inter-connectivity of systems, standard software applications, computer platforms and operating systems, basic network infrastructure, basic electrical safety practices
- Has deep understanding of principles, theories, and concepts of AV technical domain, to include: wired network connections, integration of web and audio conferencing, operating complex A/V systems with integrated video conferencing, projection, audio, recording, playback and remote control devices, establishing point-to-point/multi-point video conferences
- Must possess strong work ethic, exceptional customer service skills, attention to detail, strong verbal/written skills; ability to work confidently around senior military/civilian leaders, maintain cooperative working relationships and meet their expectations
- Must be able to organize tasks and prioritize time appropriately in a high-visibility, high tempo work environment
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned; must be willing and enthusiastic to learn and adapt to new and cutting edge technologies
- Must be able to lift, transport and assemble equipment up to 30 pounds; walk distances quickly and comfortably to support large geographically dispersed customer base across large office building
External referral eligible
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.