Leidos is working closely with the Naval Surface Warfare Center Carderock Division, to develop highly sophisticated, large-scale system of systems trainers and tactical decision aids to help Anti-Submarine Warfare (ASW) operators train for and operate in complex environments against quiet diesel and nuclear submarines. Leidos is seeking a mid-level DevSecOps Engineer to develop complex technical solutions for the trainers and their development environments.
The DevSecOps engineer will serve as an integral part of a development team that is focused on building and maintaining a state-of-the-art Simulation Systems for our US Navy customers. The primary duty will be to administer DevSecOps and Configuration Management (CM) practices, tools and techniques for the use by the team, to increase our ability to deliver trainers more quickly and with improved quality. The candidate will work directly with the management team to help standardize these same practices across our entiredevelopment group. This candidate will work with our development and management teams to demonstrate the effectiveness and value of modern DevSecOps and CM to our Navy customers.
Travel may be required to trainer sites, including Pearl Harbor HI, San Diego CA, Bangor WA, Norfolk VA, Groton CT, and Kings Bay GA, that will not exceed 5% of the job.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or a related technical degree.
• Must have 4+ years using DevSecOps methods (Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery) and tools (Jenkins, Docker); using CM principles, tools and techniques on complex software projects; developing on or serving as a system administrator for Linux systems.
• Knowledge of scripting languages and methods to automate processes is required
• Experience with the creation and deployment of Linux and/or Windows system images
• Must have past experience with, and demonstrate the skills and capabilities to successfully execute the duties and responsibilities of this position
• Certifications in DevSecOps, RHCE, QA and/or Atlassian is desired.
• Served as the CM Tool designer and administrator for a development team.
• Served as the Build Engineer, Release Engineer, or Product Installer for a development team.
• Experience with Atlassian Software Development and Collaboration products (Jira, Confluence, Portfolio)
• Developed tests and testing strategies with Jenkins or Google Test.
• Certifications of Security+, Linux+, Network+, or CCNA.
External Referral Eligible
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.