The Intelligence Group of Leidos is seeking a Senior-Level Staff Officer – Technical Editor to support an Intelligence Community (IC) program in Northern Virginia. An Active TS/SCI with polygraph security clearance is required for this position. The candidate will support Government staff in developing a broad range of written products in support of senior leadership and USG policymakers.
- Serve as a senior editorial expert; apply extensive knowledge of grammar, punctuation, corporate writing standards and substantive matters to review and prepare technical reports for publication and dissemination
- Assist in planning, defining and supporting complex publication projects; apply techniques to manage multiple projects concurrently and efficiently
- Assist in developing production timelines that that ensure the delivery of high-quality products on or before the deadline.
- Perform the editorial review, formatting, layout and publishing of technical and analytic publications
- Edit, create, process and coordinate the composition of complex text and graphics for senior government officials in the IC and other Federal Government organizations; adhere to established technical production and quality control standards and guidelines.
- Brief customers and team members on any aspect of the publications discipline
- Facilitate senior-level and customer product reviews and accurately incorporate feedback an adjudicated comments into the final product
- Disseminate finished products via hard copy and /or electronic means and archive digital files after the delivery of products.
- BA degree and 12 – 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience.
- Active TS/SCI with polygraph
- Bachelor’s Degree or 4 additional years equivalent, related work experience.
- 10 years of demonstrated experience working as a technical editor supporting the production and dissemination of classified Intelligence technical and analytic written products.
- Demonstrated editorial and grammatical skills as well as a thorough understanding of incorporating writing standards, Analytic integrity standards, classification regulations and sourcing standards
- Demonstrating ability to inform and support other in applying policies, procedures and guidelines to publish projects
- Extensive knowledge of production methodologies for publishing products in hard copy and electronic formats; extensive knowledge of electronic and hard copy dissemination mechanisms; extensive knowledge of copyright laws.
- Demonstrated ability to perform research, identify and develop effective solution for routine and complex publishing problems; Demonstrated ability to create custom products for various project requirements.
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.