Air Operation Associate Manager Location: Ashburn VA
Leidos is seeking an Air Operation Associate Manager who is responsible and accountable for the operational and service outcomes of the Washington Flight Service facility.
The FAA Future Flight Services Program (FFSP) encompasses the design, engineering, deployment and maintenance of flight service integrated systems that allow for efficient delivery of information to the general aviation community. FFSP is a network of air traffic facilities that collect, process and deliver aeronautical and meteorological information to promote safe and expeditious flight throughout the continental United States (CONUS), Hawaii, and San Juan, Puerto Rico.
• Overall service level performance, including: facility status, planning and directing all operational activities within the Service Area.
• Coordinating training, work assignments, recognition, and disciplinary or corrective action.
Reporting issues impacting delivery of services to the appropriate entity.
• Assist the Operations Manager and peers in the planning and directing of facility operations.
• Provide general supervision of all Flight Service Specialists. This includes but is not limited to training, coaching, guiding, leading, managing and motivating a diverse team of Flight Service specialists.
• Ensure continuity of services during emergencies and equipment failures.
• Ensure specialists are performing within the guidelines of FAA and Leidos Operational Directives and Procedures.
• Maintain Operational Currency.
In addition to operational responsibilities, supervisory personnel must be able to:
• Maintain a positive work environment.
• Maintain an awareness of employee and program concerns.
• Effectively manage in a unionized environment while complying with the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
• Be alert to developing factors that might have a negative impact on performance and personnel; keeping management advised of any areas of concern.
• Assist in directing the internal operations of the facility such as managing specialists work assignments, shift schedules and training.
• Effectively communicate and model Leidos Values.
• Effectively communicate with internal and external customers and organizations.
• Ability to effectively communicate with specialists, management and peers.
• Support Leidos and program policies.
• Requires a BA/BS and 5+ years or prior relevant experience or Masters with 3+ years of prior relevant experience. The equivalent experience combined with education and specialized training, commensurate with assignment, will also be considered.
• Has 2+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
• Ability to work a nonstandard workweek which will include the following; holidays, weekends, day shifts, evening shifts and overnight shifts in support a mission critical 24/7 operational facility.
• US Citizenship is required. Currently is, or has the ability to become, DCA facility certified. Requires two or more years of full performance level certification as a Leidos Flight Service Specialist. Must have current Flight Service experience under FFSP and a current FAA Pilot Weather Briefing certification.
• Due to program requirements, the candidate must be able to obtain an SF-85P Public Trust clearance from the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) customer.
• Current certification and familiarity with Flight Service Operations in at least two Eastern Areas of responsibility is desired.
• Previous or current FFSP Operations Supervisor, Flight Service Operations Center or FFSP Staff Support experience is desired.
• Current or prior experience as Designated Lead Specialist and On the Job training instructor is desired.
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.