Leidos Operational Accounting is seeking an experienced Lease Accounting Manager for a highly visible role leading our Lease Accounting team, reporting to the Senior Manager of Accounting. The successful candidate will join a team of collaborators focused on quality, transformation, and employee development, while embracing our Leidos Values. The ideal candidate will lead the Lease accounting function, review and apply accounting guidance to real world situations, work collaboratively with employees, vendors and customers often in a global environment. The Accounting Manager will be responsible for developing the lease accounting team and will have the opportunity to present to senior leaders within the Controller organization. The role will employ a number of duties in the areas of accounting, financial reporting, and process improvement.
We are looking for a candidate who lives near one of our finance hubs: Tucson - AZ, Oak Ridge - TN, Huntsville - AL, or Reston - VA. This is a primarily telework position with about 20% onsite work for team collaboration and coordination.
- Performing technical research and its application to complex lease accounting situations
- High level of customer service within our team and among other teams we work with by creating transparent processes, effective communications, and developing ways to eliminate process bottlenecks.
- Ensure timely communication, escalation and resolution of lease accounting questions, issues and requests from internal and external customers
- Detailed review and approval of assigned journal entries and Balance Sheet Reconciliations
- Own the timely completion of lease accounting team’s monthly reconciliation process and general ledger review to ensure compliance with GAAP
- Analytical comparisons of expected results to actuals
- Collaborate with business partners to set up and maintain leases within the Company’s financial systems
- Liaison with program teams and international accounting teams to ensure periodic lease transactions are appropriately recorded and remediate issues identified
- Provide support for the preparation of the Company’s 10Q/10K SEC filings and quarterly supplemental reporting
- Recommend and implement process improvements as appropriate to simplify, standardize and streamline efforts
- Participate in ad-hoc projects/tasks such as internal/external audit requests, department goals and initiatives and other special projects as needed
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting with at least 8 years of prior experience in accounting.
- Knowledgeable of accounting principles, specifically, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and self-motivated to independently study accounting concepts.
- Experience with and knowledge of ASC 842 and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements
- Ability to work in deadline driven conditions with ability to juggle shifting priorities
- Commitment to team goals and deadlines with the willingness to work extended hours during key times when required
- Must be self-motivated and willing to independently study concepts and policies
- Strong computer skills including proficient experience with Microsoft Excel and experience with Robotics Process Automation.
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-driven with proven ability to work independently and collaboratively with others with minimal oversight
- Effective communicator with strong verbal and written skills, and the ability to interact with all levels of personnel ranging from direct reports to senior finance leadership
- Have background and experience with technical lease accounting topics
- Prior experience working at or with a publicly traded company
- CPA / CMA Certification
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
- Oracle Analytics Cloud/Cognos
- Government contract experience
- Experience with Costpoint and/or other ERP systems
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.