Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainable. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
Your greatest work is ahead!
Leidos has an opening in its Defense Group for a Network Administrator. The Network Administrator assists the Government in overseeing the day-to-day planning, installation, configuration, testing, operation, analysis and documentation of high and low speed networks utilizing common COTS hardware and software. They provide network documentation and support as well as establishing and maintaining User accounts, User access privileges and security policies. The Network Administrator performs planning, installing, configuring, testing, operating, analyzing and documenting duties, as well as scheduled network status checks, troubleshooting and problem resolution.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Leidos Defense Group provides a diverse portfolio of systems, solutions, and services covering land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace for customers worldwide. Solutions for Defense include enterprise and mission IT, large-scale intelligence systems, command and control, geospatial and data analytics, cybersecurity, logistics, training, and intelligence analysis and operations support. Our team is solving the world’s toughest security challenges for customers with “can’t fail” missions. To explore and learn more, click here!
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
- Plan high and low speed LAN connections
- Implement high and low speed LAN designs
- Plan and implement VPN solutions to include site-to-site VPN’s built between hardware based firewalls
- Manage hardware firmware revisions to include testing latest firmware revisions on current configurations and deploying when deemed appropriate
- Configure common network equipment for operation
- Collaborate with Security System Technicians on connectivity requirements and procedures
- Troubleshoot common network equipment
- Document common network equipment configurations and settings
- Integrate new technologies into existing high and low speed networks
- Audit network component hardware and software changes
- Monitor network performance (availability, utilization, throughput, goodput, and latency) and test for weakness
- Install and troubleshoot common enterprise class network equipment to include firewalls, routers, and switches
- Install/Troubleshoot fiber cross connects to existing backbone cabling
- Work with corporate network team to establish corporate connectivity in order to support VPN connectivity
Required Experience, Skills, and Education:
- Must have 6+ years of experience in network system /subsystem support and maintenance to include performance of network system/subsystem testing using a Windows based operating system for network connectivity (IP and Domain Name Service (DNS) configuration).
- Have current certification in one of the following: Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) or CompTIA Network +.
- Have DoD 8570 compliance with Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level II or higher.
- Requires an active DOD TS/SCI Polygraph level clearance to start
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.