Under the direction of the Program Manager, the Facility Construction Manager serves as a first-line supervisor in carrying out day-to-day operations for a customer client location in Springfield, VA.
The Facility Construction Manager performs responsible supervisory work involving the assignment and direct supervision of the programs construction trades personnel to effectively execute new construction, refurbishment, and repairs for the facility. Work scope could include but not be limited to offices, conference rooms, fitness centers, data centers, furnishings, equipment as well as building exterior and out buildings.
Responsible for co-managing and leading the snow emergency team which includes but not limited to O&M, Construction, and Roads and Grounds personnel. May be required to work after hours and overtime during winter weather events. May also require the operation of snow removal equipment and spreading of salt or sand. Assist with emergency management and planning to include pre and post event briefings for senior customers and other program leadership staff.
- Direct oversight of (20) Non-exempt and exempt personnel
- Provide technical support to site operations as needed
- Establish and implement construction policy and procedures
- Brief senior customers on site significant events
- Act as the central point of contact for program construction services.
- Responsible for the management of Work Orders to include resource management and interfacing with customer representatives for coordination and scheduling.
- Allocation of resources for the execution of authorized work orders.
- Accountable for the development and delivery of metrics and reporting.
- Accountable to the government POCs for notification in regards to significant events.
- Ensures compliance with corporate standards and applicable regulatory codes to maintain a safe environment for building tenants.
- Supervises and directs construction leads and construction staff.
- Hires, trains, evaluates, disciplines and recommends dismissal of staff as necessary.
- Identifies employee resources and expertise and utilizes employee experiences and skills to plan, schedule, assign and perform construction and other support activities.
- Meets with staff at the beginning and end of the assigned shift.
- Conducts ongoing training and project inspections.
- Maintains an accurate record of shift attendance and ensures that employee time sheets are properly recorded including final approval.
- Works with leadership to coordinate essential support at special events, activities, banquets, department moves or changes, and/or other applicable events that effect the assigned staffing.
- Participates in identifying, recommending and implementing opportunities for improved construction services.
- Requisitions services, supplies, equipment and materials to ensure efficient uninterrupted operations of construction projects.
- Monitors and maintains inventories of tools and materials as required for efficient execution of work.
- Utilizes Computerized Maintenance System (SAP) for scheduling, reporting, data recording, communication, tracking work orders, etc.
- Ensures that Service Requests and Task Orders are completed in an appropriate and timely manner and closed or referred according to department procedures.
- May be designated as “essential” personnel during site closures or special mission impacting events.
- May be called upon to lead and/or participate in program initiatives.
- Ability to push/pull/lift up to 35 pounds and climb ladders up to 8 feet in height. Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Must currently hold TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
- Minimum 4 years supervising employees
- Minimum 4 years in construction related industry
- Minimum 2 years Project Management experience
- Proficient with SAP, MS Project, or other scheduling software
- Hold professional license or credential in a related area
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business, management, public administration or related field and 8+ years of relevant experience.
- Relevant experience may substitute for the degree requirement on a year-for-year basis.
- Experience with Davis Bacon Act compliance and pay practices.
- Data center management or other 24/7 critical infrastructure support.
- Standard construction practices, procedures and techniques.
- Operation and maintenance of commercial facilities.
- Applicable laws, rules, regulations, codes and/or statutes related to the use of cleaning agents, environmental/hazardous waste, waste management, and recycling policies and regulations;
- Inventory management principles and practices.
- OSHA and Construction Safety protocols.
- The NEC and the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 70E ARC Flash Safety codes.
Demonstrated Skill in:
- Supervising subordinate staff.
- Interpreting and applying applicable laws, rules, regulations, codes and/or statutes.
- Monitoring and maintaining inventory.
- Resolving conflicts in an appropriate, constructive way.
- Managing projects within assigned parameters.
- Using applicable tools and equipment related to area of assignment.
- Implementing and monitoring policies, procedures and workflow.
- Utilizing computer technology for communication and data gathering.
- Communicating effectively through oral and written mediums.
- Working as part of a team for consistent delivery and execution of construction services to meet established standards and customer expectations.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.