Leidos is seeking a ITSM Developer ideally in the Albuquerque, NM; Jackson, MS; or Reston, VA area. Telework is allowed for this position with occasional travel required to one of these corporate sites.
The ITSM Developer must be able to work in a fast moving environment, adapt to changes in schedules, be courteous and professional when interacting with colleagues and customers, demonstrate a solid ability to solve problems, plan and prioritize personal tasking, effectively communicate verbally and in writing, and be able to work successfully in a team environment. They must be self-motivated organized, analytical, adept at working in a team environment, able to implement on time to a project schedule, and able to handle multiple priorities in and comfortable in a technical organization with a dynamic customer environment. The individual needs to know all aspects of the software engineering life cycle including scope and work estimation, design, documentation, implementation, testing and integration.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Assist in Prototyping, designing, developing and integrating solutions to hard problems.
- Work on implementing new technologies into the customer space.
- Gather and document user and process requirements, functional requirements, and developing technical requirements.
- Interact with other developers, architects, and technical team leads to rapidly learn a complex operational system, its subsystems, and components to positively contribute to development.
- Determine and communicate system requirements and capabilities in furtherance of the customer’s mission.
- Champion and implement advanced software development practices.
- Administration of the ServiceNow system, including maintenance of all operational records and configurations in a domain separated environment (including Reporting, Dashboard, Performance Analytics, Email Notifications, Creating and Editing Home pages, Personalizing forms, user and task record maintenance, etc.)..
- Load, manipulate and maintain data between ServiceNow and other systems.
- Performs system and integration testing with sample and live data Monitor health, usage and overall compliance of the application.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or related field and 6+ years of experience; additional years of experience in software engineering/developing will be considered in lieu of degree.
- Understands technical and functional design requirements related to ServiceNow.
- Education/Experience with ServiceNow ITSM modules - Incident Management, Problem Management, Configuration Management, Change Management, Knowledge Management or other ITSM applications.
- Create automation scripts/utilities, data migration.
- Experience with PKI setups, certification maintenance.
- Strong understanding of ETL processes.
- Experience Developing dashboards and updating logic.
- SQL and relational database experience.
- Candidate must also be familiar with sound software engineering principles and methodologies.
- Proven experience in solving challenging technical problems.
- Knowledge of ITIL framework and understanding of (Asset/Configuration/Incident/Problem Management, Product Catalog etc.).
- Knowledge of Business management, IT Operations Management.
- Service now administration education/experience in ITSM modules (Incident, Problem, Change, CMDB & Asset).
- Thorough understanding of ITIL/ITSM processes.
- Service Now Certified Administrator
- Experience with Agile development environment and concepts
- ITIL Certified
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.