Software Development Engineer
Leidos is seeking a Software Development Engineer who will be involved with the Federal Aviation Administration’ (FAA), NextGen Air Traffic program.
Software Engineer Responsibilities:
Working both, as a member of a team and independently the successful candidate will be:
• Developing and maintaining the FAA air traffic control display software within an object-oriented environment (primarily Java) on a UNIX/Linux platform.
• Performing software development as needed.
• Providing support needed for system engineering.
• Articulating user needs and requirements from high level designs.
• Developing the design for the user interface framework including client and server side components; analyzing and designing databases within an application.
• Bachelor’s degrees from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with minimum of 2+ years of professional experience; or less than 2 years of professional experience with a related Master’s degree.
• Experience in object-oriented design and development with the Java programming language on a large-scale (>20 K-SLOC) development.
• Experience in following a documented Software Development Process.
• Experience in use of the UNIX and Linux operating systems.
• Strong integration skills.
• Strong communication skills to interface with internal and external customers.
• Development experience in other computer languages (Java, C++, Perl, etc.).
• FAA air traffic domain knowledge.
• Experience using version control tools such as Git, Subversion or CVS.
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.